Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

91' Doors

ZiLLaCooL

Tennessee Chapter member
OK,this is gonna be my first question of many (don't wanna overwhelm you guys lol) Anyway,is there a trick to getting these doors to close tight,I've adjusted the strikers as far as they will go inward & they still rattle. & yes the hinges are fine (tight & no door sag) Are the latches adjustable,or maybe just worn.The rattling is driving me nutz. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem,before I start throwing parts I don't need at it.
Thanx

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
If the plastic on latch pins r worn replace them . Yes the latch may be worn to . Look at rubber seal . They can look good but still be to compressed to keep door from rattling.

I have used silicon caulk and put some inside seal to fill it a little. Helped till got new.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Yes there is suposed to be plastic on door latch sorry did clarify . The strick pins r like $10 at my auto parts . The plastic helps keep noise/wear down. latch will also be holding tigher.

Good luck

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Advanced sells just the plastic, it was like 6 bucks for like a pack of 5. Its like 15 for the strikers at pepboys.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts