Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

9" disc brakes

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I decided since I'll be going hydroboost in the Bronco, I may as well attack the whole braking system, and I really hate working on drums (I know they can function extremely well)...considering discs are about a 15 job in their entirity, and stupid simple. I'll still be doing the hardware portion of the 350 upgrade to the fronts. I've been reading up on 9" conversions, but it seems everyone has their own little twists and I'm getting confusificated. Ideally, I'd like to use all Ford parts, but I'm told the axle shaft flange will need to be turned down??? I've been told/read this can be done with GM or Dodge parts for less than $100 (and even sammi parts albeit a thinner rotor). My question...anyone have a good 9" conversion write up in their stash of important threads??? I've found all inclusive kits, but don't wanna drop $400 when I know it's possible to piece your own junk together for $100.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Ben...I may be getting a little off base here for most of my knowledge is old school Tech,but my thinking is this...Since the Bronco has the 9" rear end,why not try to locate a factory 9" from maybe a lincoln or other 4 wheel disc vehicle,with the larger lug pattern for a parts source or is there such a beast, i cannot recall,at the time period we didnt get into rear discs that much for they were being introduced.Maybe im grabbing at straws here..jus thought ide shoot the idea out.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^That's kinda what I was trying to find info on. I do know there are hub differences among the 9" axles. Beyond that, still doing some digging.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles