Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

87 f250 5.0 flooding issues?????

OK I have a 87 f250 5.0 5 speed 4x4.
I'm flooding out on 1 4 5 and 8.
Now I have done the following.
Replaced the timing gears and chain, fuel regulator, 8 new injectors, new main computer, plugs and wires, distributor, cap and button. And only 2458 flood out plenty of spark good compression.

Here is were it gets tricky follow me guys in order for the truck to run we had to take one of the negative injector wires splice it and ground it out to the block. Once we done that the fuel pump and injectors work. But once u disconnect the ground u loose power to injectors and FUEL PUMP. Weird. But iv checked all my ground points cleaned them all went threw my Chilton manual replaced fuses replaced relays nothing is working the truck runs and will drive but just the injectors are staying wide open they won't pulse like the others. Can somebody please help me ??????? Iv also went as far as thinking maby the ground for the fuel pump is bad so I ground it by itself and still nothing the only way for fuel pump to work is to ground with injector wire.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Heres what doesnt make sense to me. I believe the older speed density 5.0s are bank fired injectors, meaning that all of the right side fires at once and all of the left side fires at once. Im not 100% sure on that but i think thats how it goes.

also i dont think your fuel pump has anything to do with your injectors. It doesn't run constantly. If you key on, it should prime and shut off, should be easy to hear.

If nothing is working right i would strongly recommend testing the computer.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
You're right, Jeb. The speed density fuel injected systems were bank fired, so the only way they could flood on a one-off basis like that would be for injectors to be stuck in the open position. I find that unlikely with 4 affected cylinders.

Ryan

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
OP are you sure you are giving us the correct cylinder numbers, you went ford number not chevy numbering?

either way it still doesn't seem to make sense.

have you checked your fuel pump relay?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts