Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

87 F250 4x4 ex cab long box for sale- needs work

Discrption says all mileage unknown. Could be 100+ 200-300k but defiantly over 100. West coast truck from Oregon, been here in wi for 6 yrs,saw 1 winters use here. Repainted 1 yr ago cream and white, has some small dents that were just sprayed over, good C-6, good t-case, American racing wheels, red interior bench seat with 2 jump seats. Very pretty truck,chrome is nice and is an XLT Lariat. Has manual hubs and shift 4X4. That's the good.
The bad is 460 number 3 ( that was rebuilt 6200 mi ago)lost oil psi and was ran for about 10 min or so before shutdown. It may just need a new oil pump and/or driveshaft but...
A new power steering pump is needed as it leaks.
Bring 3 wheels and tires as I just put new tires on her 451 mi ago and I'm keeping those, but the American racing chrome 10 hole wheels go with. It has a stealth intake that comes with for the right price, the HEI distributor stays with, if you have a spare 460 and some 265/75/16E tires and battery plus 2 days you will be good to go. Central Wisconsin Location 715 573 0801 text or email [email protected] for pics. Reasonable offers only, no lowballers as salvage yard will go $650 without tires and stealth intake.

Last edited:
Ok, the small dents are in the edge of the tailgate and not that noticeable and we did not fix or fill them because of either cut the tailgate apart to reach the backside, or drill holes to pull and create a rust spot later or use bondo which falls out shortly. Those are the only dents, period.
The 460 runs but has low power and random oil pressure. It was parked by the shop all winter, battery reinstalled, fluids checked and fired up to pull in for ps pump and the o/c grease ready for towing thing. While letting her warm up had to open shop door and take customer call. Went to pull her in and no oil psi showing and mild lifter tick.
Mileage on odometer reads 41,5xx and that could be plus 1,2or 3. I really don't know for sure as I bought it in 2008 from rebuilder shop, PO lost job unable to pay for R&R of the 460 and showed 18472 at that time. However on the core support is a rebuilt engine id tag from Portland Engines with a California certification. Now that makes 3 engines, the OE, rebuild 1 and rebuild 2 was a wrecking yard core so that's why I'm vague on odometer as either very bad engine care or ? to go though 3 in 142000 is unusual so what can I say?
It was CA emissions but somewhere along the way they dissapeard. We are central wi so none of that applies here.
This was one of our business trucks, it got whatever it needed to keep it right, alignments, brakes, u joints etc as we have multiple drivers and other than AC everything has to work like it should. No cobbling, no magyver no anything that wasn't done right. Lucky for you that we painted it last fall and did not get to putting the R&L Yard Care vinyl all over it, even the glass is good.
Make no mistake, this is a HD work truck, not you daily driver, no matter what you hooked to it away you went with the ability to run in city traffic with 10K lbs behind you. This was our backup as of this yr and seeing the oil psi problem I will let it go, make me a reasonable offer and you get a no rust very nice looking XLT lariat ex cab long box 4x4 that will look perfect in you driveway for far less than the $45K a new one costs, even a crate 460 plus ps pump and tires will give you another 5-7 yrs with nothing major falling apart, for 1/10th of a new truck. Think about that before bypassing this one.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts