Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'79 with a stull grille

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Last weekend, I found a '79 F-250(black :D) down on the "rez" with a near perfect Stull grille. I have always liked the looks of the stull grille. The guy won't separate the grille from the rest of the truck, or, he wants $500 for the grille. :headbang: The truck has been sitting for at least 20 years in tall grass(read mouse heaven - chewed wires, etc.) He wants $5000 for the truck - Ain't gonna happen.

I'll try again later........

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I remember the name....can't recall the look.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That's what I thought....nice

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That's what I call a billet grille. I have one here that I'd sell that will fit a 78-79

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Just remember the access Doug....I recall it being a PITA to open the hood without a cable release.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Oh, thank you, Duncan. I forgot about that. Mine has a cable release, but I still need to get at the safety catch, or whatever the hell it's called.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If you have the cable, you should be ok...it's the issue of getting your hand in there. Once you have popped it with the cable there isn't an issue.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I have a billet grille in my 78 Ranger Lariat, and I don't have a cable release for my hood and i don't find it to be a PITA, but I have little fish hook or shepherd's cane to reach in and grab and pull the handle to open the hood, it's a great way to keep people from messing with or stealing stuff from under the hood, great security device, but it stumps a mechanic or two every now and thensmilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles