Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 Build-the 69 goes by-by

I have decided to consolidate my 2 ford 4x4s due to rust, $, space, and common sense. The old 69 has been a great rig to me, but the entire body is junk...really. So I plan on putting the 3/4 ton axles under my short bed 79. It will get lifted 4" and benefit from the heavy duty axles, cool rims, and hummer tires. It will be cool looking, I promise.
My 79
ford1-1.jpg

My 69
693.jpg

I got alot of work done on the 69. In this pic I have removed the engine, hood, door, and all the misc stuff I wanted to keep. As it sits right now I have removed the tranny, transfer, drivelines, front axle, and power steering assy. The only thing left is the rear axle, then the rest gets sent to the scrap yardsmilieFordlogo
100_0945.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks like you're gonna have a stout rig. Question, isn't the front on that 69 a LP close knuckled D44 stock with drums? Is it still the stock axle up front? If so, you swapping that in? I wouldn't, the 79 would have a HPD44 with discs up front.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts