Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

78 f150 vacuum routing help

1978 f150 custom, 400 motor, automatic, 4x4.

I been searching everywhere online and other forums and can't find out whether my vacuum routing is correct. Can some help me figure out my vacuum routing. I have found many different configurations and don't know what's right. It does need to be smogged here in California. Here are some photos of what I have and the figure I used to try to set my vacuum lines. Thanks

Attachments

• imgp05181_daff944193453f707b0a1d326ba5c99b4b8fd5af.jpg
  • wmvacuum2 (1).jpg
  • IMG_20150311_174037.jpg
8-62T-R10
Is your calibration code.

I may have an illustration for you.

Thanks i sure hope so. I been searching everywhere and found soo many configurations. If it makes any difference my DSO is 86...I looked it up and all I found is that its Recreational? Not sure if that's relevant to my vacuum diagram but it seems to matter from what I been reading.

Don't seem to find it in my files...probably because i never scanned it with others.

I have the 77 & 79 version.
78 is separate apparently.
Check my gallery.

I can supply you with specs for that C..Code though.

Thanks ill search through your gallery. Sure I'll take what ever specs you have on that engine code.

So looking at my diagram it looks like my distributor advance is hooked up wrong from what I read on PVS switches and distributor advance systems. My distributor advance is currently getting vacuum from my manifold through the PVS switch.

What book can i buy that will contain this calibration code 8-62T-R10. My Haynes book is basically worthless when it comes to vacuum stuff. Thanks

What book can i buy that will contain this calibration code 8-62T-R10. My Haynes book is basically worthless when it comes to vacuum stuff. Thanks

I don't know of any aftermarket emissions vacuum diagrams for EVERY single calibration code.
I probably have it..i just haven't scanned it yet.
I've had medical issues and a backed sewer problems. ...all my diagrams are in a storage unit in my yard.
It's almost been a year and still no reconstruction.

I'll keep searching though because i have two sets of diagrams. Don't know where they are.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
thanks for the diagrams...so now I am even more confused lol. looking at the diagram for calibration code 8-62T-R10, it does not look similar to my truck. For one thing I don't have a smog pump and the whole carburetor section looks different.

Thanks. I am assuming that the "DIST" column is where the truck was distributed? how can I tell whether it's 49 state or California? Or is it automatically considered California since its here in California.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts