Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

77 4wd w/400

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
my egr valve is makin a whistling noise really loud and im tired of it.....i got a simple question........ can i remove my carb spacer/egr valve and mount my carb direct to my intake with just a spacer thick as the exsisting one without the egr on it?.... thanks for yalls help......

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
wats the egr good for anyways?

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
aw hell......ima yank it off then....thanks for the info.

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
wats the diffrence in the thickness of the carb spacers? does it really matter wat size you run?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
wats the diffrence in the thickness of the carb spacers? does it really matter wat size you run?

The taller the spacer, the more top end you'll have, the shorter the spacer, the more low end grunt you'll have.

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
im gonna take it off tomorow and see what i can do......i aint rele ever payed much attention to it...... ima go into detail tomorow.......im shure ill probly rig sumpn up

Actually your engine will be subject to pinging if the EGR is removed.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
wat do u mean pingin?

With the egr system removed/disable the engine is prone to pre-ignition (pinging). To get rid of it the distributor needs to be "recurved" to the differences of the engine.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts