Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

76' F-250 4x4 steering column

The PO of my 76' F250 4x4 CS replaced the column because the shift linkage in the column was broken.

I was told that the column came out of a later 70's truck, with a slightly smaller steering wheel.

This column now needs a turn signal switch... I also noticed a small amount of play in the shaft....

I might just replace the entire column if I can find a good used one. What is compatible with these trucks? Will a 2wd column work with little modification?

Thanks,

Derek.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
stick with the 1973-77 F 100,150,250 4x4 column,these interchange.78-79 column may work but be warned they have different components & may not plug in to the older harness...you could also rebuild yours,LMC Truck has everything you will need to do this.as far as Jeffs Bronco Graveyard all i see in the catalog for columns are upper & lower bearings,t/s switch,column sleeve,gear indicator.They also sell the "i did it" aftermarket column,but they are pretty pricey.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles