Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'66 Fairlane project

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Buying somebody else's half-done project is always harder and more expensive than you think it will be.

That said, I can imagine taking a ride to look at that with a trailer and a pocket full of cash if my circumstances were a little different.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
A very valid point Ian....Having chosen a vehicle similar to resurect...I knew what i was getting into tho did alot of inspecting to see what i had to work with before taking the plunge.got the help of a trusted friend for the grunt work along with FTF Support, and did the rest in time and stayed within my planned budget.It can be done..

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hmmm...giving that guy a call shortly. Wonder if he'd be interested in a 79 Bronco for partial trade.

BuzzGun79

Be one Hellava Machine Ben..One that i know you could handle...If i was a little better off financially..ide be interested

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Be one Hellava Machine Ben..One that i know you could handle...If i was a little better off financially..ide be interested

Yeah...didn't give the guy a call yesterday, month end closings are hell for me. I've been looking for for a 66 or 67 for a few years now. I have one about 3 minutes down the road...been sitting in the guys barn for the last 15 years, getting kinda rough, and he won't sell. If I could find a car in the 5k range, I'd be all over it...even if I have to finish it.

BuzzGun79

You're preachin' to the choir there, Buzz! I have too many wants, not enough coin....
The Story of my life Brad..hehe...still waitin on that winning lotto ticket....

Yeah...didn't give the guy a call yesterday, month end closings are hell for me. I've been looking for for a 66 or 67 for a few years now. I have one about 3 minutes down the road...been sitting in the guys barn for the last 15 years, getting kinda rough, and he won't sell. If I could find a car in the 5k range, I'd be all over it...even if I have to finish it.

Bummer..but understandable....One of my pet pieves Ben to sit on a classic and do nothing with it.....Better off to sell to someone who will..imo..

Here's another one !
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/3726829794.html

Runs and drives. Currently all interior has been removed, but still have. 351 Windsor, automatic trans. Needs paint/carpet. Bodywork has been completed. Bucket seats with center console. Call Eric for more details and pictures. No emails please. Serious inquiries only. Price non negotiable. Pictures posted were taken before body work was complete. Car is primed and ready for paint.
seven 5 seven-303-87nine8

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts