Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.9L IDI diesel first start vid

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
My buddys new truck, first start after freshening up electrical, new glow plugs, and a days worth of siponing air pockets out of the fuel line. (he got it free unrunning and it had been tryed to start on empty tank, sucked crapload of air into lines :headbang: )

Heres a pic by my truck, parked like that cause needed so many CCA's to start i had to jump 1 battery and had a charger on another.

free truck, a few hundred bucks parts and 2 weeks off and on labor and bam good runnin truck. plans are a 8" suspension and 38" swampers.

EDIT: that is not me in the pic...

Fellro

Staff member
They definitely like their batteries to be good and strong, can't cheat with the little car batteries. (My dad tries...)
Good luck finding a lift for the diesel, the lift companies don't make them with strong enough springs, unless you do a SAS and shackle flip. Then you can go factory 350 parts.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
It is an F350 but its an 83 so its Dana 50 TTB

Fellro

Staff member
Right, that is why I say you would have to swap over. The lift kit companies don't accommodate that 1400 pound beast under the hood with their setups, and the reverse arch springs.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Sweet truck man..

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Right, that is why I say you would have to swap over. The lift kit companies don't accommodate that 1400 pound beast under the hood with their setups, and the reverse arch springs.

Rough Country says they have a 4" for the diesel (I've been looking for my truck as well)...

Fellro

Staff member
Not quite the 8 he is looking for, but at least it is a start...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts