Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

5.4 misses

My 5.4 misses on acceleration. Last time I had water in spark plug hole #3 but this time all my coils are good, plug holees are dry but my pcv won't check either way. Could the pcv be the culprit?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I chased a coil for about 3 months, and it didn't throw a code. I bet it's a coil.

When are the circumstances that it is missing? My truck was anything more than about 30% throttle from 1,000-2,050 rpm's. Under more intense acceleration above 2k rpm's it was fine.

Ryan

Basically the same as you had mentioned. I bought one new one since they are so expensive and I had put it in the hardest to get one #4 with no change then put #4's old one into #3. I will keep switching them around until I go through them all. #8 is extremely hard so I'm going to put a new injector in it as I am changing it's coil too. Phew! Thank you very much Rattlecan.
smilieFordlogo

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
You're welcome. Cylinders 4 & 8 are the biggest pain in the butt to change, but those are the two that fail most often! More heat stays back there and makes the coils fail quicker.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts