Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

5.0L Coyote Powered Ford Ranger Truck

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php/174322-5.0L-Coyote-Powered-Ford-Ranger-Truck

20110613140432734.jpg

20110613140445350.jpg

Still to come - Kenne Bell 2.8 LC Supercharger and a Tremec T-56 Magnum 6-Speed Transmission.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Looks nice!

Ryan - a boss 302 crate will run you about 12 large, IIRC

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I didn't know it was a boss. screw that. How about a regular 5.0L?

Ryan

Regular 5.0 longblock is about 7k.

EDIT: confused this with the 4.6... the 5.0 is 7k sans alternator, per post below.

Last edited:

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Thats what a crate motor runs, but there aint no way thats a factory rotating assembly in there. Not with a whipple getting strapped on the top of it...

It MAY be a factory block, but rotating assembly will be full forged.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I'm sad to see that an engine no older than a year or so is already showing signs of the elements on the valve covers. Where are the quality materials?

Either way, nice install. This takes 5.0 swap to a new level, as usually it's the Explorer 5.0 that gets swapped into Rangers.

I'm sad to see that an engine no older than a year or so is already showing signs of the elements on the valve covers. Where are the quality materials?

Either way, nice install. This takes 5.0 swap to a new level, as usually it's the Explorer 5.0 that gets swapped into Rangers.

that looks great. why are the valve covers not black?

This was an older core from one of the original 5.0 test motors. This one is date stamped a few years back.

Ford Truck Articles