Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

5.0L 302 vacuum question

Hey all I have a 83' F150 flairside with about 33k miles on it. I recently bought the truck from an older gentlemen. I dont believe much was done to the truck other than oil changes. Anyways, my question is I recently did a tune up and would like to take all the emissions control junk off the motor. The vacuum pump does not work and would like to remove the rest of the vacuum lines and plug everything up. Is this possible or will it make the engine run badly. thanks.

Len

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Any particular reason why?

Yes, I took the old factory air cleaner off an put on a better breathing unit, and I want to put headers and dual exhaust on. Just trying to clean it up under the hood alittle. It just seems there are a ton of tubes and wires everywhere.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yep it can be done I just did it on my 86 but with a 460 and Commiefornia emissions. Ya just need to plug off all the holes ya dont need the ones you will need are one for the heater one for the brake booster and one for the vacuum advance on the distributor. I just cut the excess off the bracket for the alternator/ air pump. Not sure if that one has all the tubes comin off the exhaust manifolds but if it does just cut the tubes off and un screw the fittings off the manifolds then get some brass plugs thatll fit the holes.

Ford Truck Articles