Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

4x4.. reacurring problem

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
There is also a slightly higher strength in non greasables. They don't have the cross drilled out for the grease to go through.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
greasable can be bad too.. just luck of the draw.. i had a greeseable one on my driveshaft.. one of the greese chanells plugged up so one cup didnt get grese,, all the pins were ground up.... hmm, gkad this is a temp fix anyways
Who made that joint? That plays a big factor. Quality of u-joints varies greatly between manufacturers...

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Personally I would have to go with greasables I've just have had much better luck with them, but then again I'm a street driver.

im street driver too.. snow/salt here sucks.. im getting greseable ones anyhow.. those joints are used mayb 8 days out of the year so good to be able to service them anyways

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
When I had mine replaced while back the guru at the drive line place here in town said that greseable ones will last years and it a good grease it used they can damn near last the as long as the truck dose.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
When I had mine replaced while back the guru at the drive line place here in town said that greseable ones will last years and it a good grease it used they can damn near last the as long as the truck dose.
I had greaseables in for about a year and like I said-- kept noticing grease had been slung all over the bottom of my bed. Kept greasing them and they kept slinging grease. Finally replaced them with non-greaseables and couldnt believe how crappy they felt after only a year of use.

I had greaseables in for about a year and like I said-- kept noticing grease had been slung all over the bottom of my bed. Kept greasing them and they kept slinging grease. Finally replaced them with non-greaseables and couldnt believe how crappy they felt after only a year of use.

well wen u greese them so you see the greese coming out of the cups.. its going to sling any excess :p lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts