Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

4x4 Frame and track widths?

havi

third member
Howdy all, been wondering what the frame width (outside to outside) on both the front and rear are, and what the stock track width is front and rear. thanks in advance. 4x4 and 2wd the same?

havi

third member
nobody?????

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
hmm im surprised no one has answered. i would offer a measurement but i dont own that gen truck or no anybody close that does either...if i was still working at the dealership i would be able to get the measurement.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
lemme measure it tonight. I am off to work right now. I'll get back with ya!

havi

third member
No hurry, just planning a future project.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I have a 4X4 so where do you need the measurements from? very front, axle areas, or all of the above?

havi

third member
Yeah my post was pretty vague. Outside to outside of the frame rails in the very front, and the very rear. And in any spot where it is different than the ends. The track width is from center of tire to center of tire both front and rear. Wheelbase would be helpful, too I guess. An example is the '48 F1 I have. The front is 32" and the rear is 34", and the change in width is located at the transmission crossmember. I'm planning a body swap if I find a newer 4x4 as a donor with an old IH truck.

Ford Truck Articles