Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

35's?

FordBoy86

Kentucky Chapter member
Can you squeeze some 35's on a 1994 f150 4x4 truck with a 2inch leveling kit? i know i can fit 33's but i can get 35's for like 10 bucks cheaper a tire so why not right.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea if you do a 2 inch block in the rear, and spacer in the front you will clear just fine. Oh if you have a 5.0/5.8L with stock gears, your gonna notice your alot slower, and MPGs way down, and Overdrive is pritty useless. At least on most of mine they are.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
35's would work in the rear no problem. the only problem you will run into even with a lift kit is tire rub in the from on the trailing arms(radius arms). BUT it all depends on how wide the tire is also. i have 33"/12.5"/15" tires on my truck and there is DEFINITELY tire rub when turning at full turn. the height of the tire wont make a difference in rubbing but the width will. even when i had 10.5" wide tires i had rubbing issues. basically it takes away from the max turning radius and with 12.5" wide tires i loose about 1-2" of turning in each direction give or take.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
to fix the rub there is a few ways you can fix it. you can get backspacers(which i personally dont like), you could get some new rims with a more of an offset so the tire sticks out a bit more giving you that oom you lost to rubbing back, or now im not 100% sure on this but i think they might make radius arms that curve in a bit more to allow wider tires.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Just get some nice 10" wide wheels with a good offset. My 35's on MT Classic Lock's 15x10, dont rub on my arms.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If I were you, I'd space out the front bumper, and get a rim with about 3.5" of backspacing, and you'll be as good as you're gonna get.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Ben its a 150 pushing the bumper wont be enough...
Some fender trimmings are coming his way...

3.5" backspace sounds accurate though...

Also i have seen the curved radius arm's not sure where though, thought they were pretty spendy too...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben its a 150 pushing the bumper wont be enough...
Some fender trimmings are coming his way...

3.5" backspace sounds accurate though...

Also i have seen the curved radius arm's not sure where though, thought they were pretty spendy too...

I didn't think it would be enough...just figured it would help with a tad more clearance considering the minimal amount of lifting he's doing.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
anyone have any pictures of f150's stock or with a leveling kit with 33's or 35's?

this is my truck

1989 F-150 4x4 with the 4.9L

no lift or leveling kit

the tires are 33"/12.5"/15" BF Goodrich All Terrains
0413091635b.jpg

1011081418.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I've got a 4x4 with a 4" suspension lift and I couldn't stop rubbing my 33's on the fenders when I came down too hard on the dunes in Pismo. Even had a little bit of carnage.

DSC01998Large.jpg

FordBoy86

Kentucky Chapter member
ive decided to go with 33's since it is my daily driver and i dont know a whole lot of offroading just deer hunting and what not. anyone have any experience with big o big foot x/t tires? they look a lot like the nitto terra grapplers and i had some of those before and loved them.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
ive decided to go with 33's since it is my daily driver and i dont know a whole lot of offroading just deer hunting and what not. anyone have any experience with big o big foot x/t tires? they look a lot like the nitto terra grapplers and i had some of those before and loved them.

I'm sure your engine/tranny/gears/mpg's will be much happier with you. I don't have any personal experience with those tires (mainly west coast distribution), but I do know a few folks with them...they appear to do a great job of clearing in mild snow and mud. Tread life seems to be aroun 45-50k...so I think they're a good tire for the price

Ford Truck Articles