Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

300 I 6 Trouble

I just traded a s10 blazer to my cousin for his 88 f150 4x4 w/I6. I dont know much about these motors to be honest and i was wondering what would cause it NOT to have pressure on the fuel rails.

It has new pumps and filters. My first guess is the fuel pressure regulator.?? but could it be bad injectors? Or a blockage somewhere in the line?

Gas can be poured in the air box and it will fire right up, but when the gas runs out it just dies. So any advice would be great cuz i want to get this thing running

l_a8e37c2cc94f4ff9974ac9308b2a89e3.jpg

have you checked the Inertia switch? If it's triped the fuel pump will not kick in..

IIRC it's in the passenger side kick panel..

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Can you hear the fuel pumps running?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
it could be the relays.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah the first thing to check is to turn the key to the ON position before cranking the engine-- you should hear the pump whine (keep your door or window open). The whining noise is the pump priming. No whine = no power to fuel pump.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
the most common thing in these trucks to go in the electric fuel system is the Fuel Pump Relay. because of where its mounted it gets corroded very easily. at least in the rust belt states it is VERY common. like a few people have said, i would check power going to the main fuel pump(on the frame rail just under the drivers door) then power to the tank pump. a quick way to see if the relay is bad, you can jump the wires and have the fuel pump on constant run and then try and start it. if it turns on then its the relay. the relay is located on the drivers side inner fender between the air box and the firewall.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts