Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

30 Canadian winters later

Here are some more pics of my new truck, I have lots of work to do it seems! My buddy says too much. But thats the fun right ?

Attachments

• IMG_4143.jpg
  • IMG_4147.jpg
  • IMG_4236.jpg
  • IMG_4237.jpg
  • IMG_4301.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks like a decent truck from the pics...interior looks nice.

yeh, the interior is its saving grace, that and it only has only done 149,000 km. when you get closer you can see alot of half $$$ rusty patch up jobs, i dont know how much rust a 30 year old truck should have, but mine has its share! But from what i have been learning, new panels shouldnt be a problem to acquire.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Panels are easy. Why it is rusting is odd. These trucks dont rust too badly

Sent from my mudwhistle via lemmiwinks.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Panels are easy. Why it is rusting is odd. These trucks dont rust too badly

It's the damn pickle mix they use here Tater....it's on the roads for 6-7 months per year.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Hehe...yeah canada.

You forget how much snow n ice we get too. We use some red deicer crap here and it only lasts october-march though. Im just thankful its not salt.

The old 86 was a winter rig for years and it's rust free. I never drive my 85 unless its nice out :D

Haha So i spent 2 hours today inside a crashed up old ford in the junkyard, sweating my tits off in there because the windows and door wouldnt open because of the crash damage, i was on the hunt for new seatbelts in the same sexual red colour that mine has lol, i tried heating up the bolt with a blowtorch, penetrating oil, impact drivers, and even sheered one torx bit in the process, just didnt want to come out :( so in the end i found one in a chevvy blazer thats the same colour and looks the same! never give up!

Yes it seems everytime i unscrew something the screws want to round off or something wants to break in the process! id say she's almost ready for the journeymans inspection though, after i replace one of the headlight assemblies which are sealed units! so had to buy new online.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hehe...yeah canada.

You forget how much snow n ice we get too. We use some red deicer crap here and it only lasts october-march though. Im just thankful its not salt.

The old 86 was a winter rig for years and it's rust free. I never drive my 85 unless its nice out :D

I'm guessing you probably get more snow than us.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Not in the last 10+ years. We used to get enough that the snow was level with the carport. Now we dont usually have to shovel it off anymore

Most we have at any given time anymore is 1 meter (for the canuk) then it rains then it snows then it gets -20*f for a month then it all melts and it's nice out then another 2 feet then construction season then repeat.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Not in the last 10+ years. We used to get enough that the snow was level with the carport. Now we dont usually have to shovel it off anymore

Most we have at any given time anymore is 1 meter (for the canuk) then it rains then it snows then it gets -20*f for a month then it all melts and it's nice out then another 2 feet then construction season then repeat.

That drive down that canyon can be NASTY in the wintertime.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Look....that damn metric system is for the frogs...I work in real numbers :D.

Hmmm....that sounds like here!

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
I work in tenths of feet.

Now that is fun!

Steam Clean

I gave her a quick steam clean the other day with some detergent, quite happy with the results although i think she needs round 2....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 21.14.46.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That looks a whole lot better.

Ford Truck Articles