Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2011 Ford Explorer

Blade

Backwoods boy
I think it looks alright and Im sure it meets the needs of an explorer owner. 4WD/AWD, plenty of power with the I-4 Turbo or V-6, and plenty of room. Now a days I don't think many people buying those are looking to cross rivers or crawl over rocks. My girlfriend had the Mazda CX-7 with the turbo I-4 and that thing hauled ass with good mileage

I think it looks alright and Im sure it meets the needs of an explorer owner. 4WD/AWD, plenty of power with the I-4 Turbo or V-6, and plenty of room. Now a days I don't think many people buying those are looking to cross rivers or crawl over rocks. My girlfriend had the Mazda CX-7 with the turbo I-4 and that thing hauled ass with good mileage

Zoom Zoom. :D

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
My girlfriend had the Mazda CX-7 with the turbo I-4 and that thing hauled ass with good mileage

Really? My stepbrother has a CX-7, and the only thing he doesn't like is the mileage from the turbo I-4.

My aunt just bought an Acura RDX, also with a turbo 4...and her only gripe is mileage, too. (Right around 20...)

I could get used to that. I'm not really in the explorer market and won't be till I pop out kids. This probably not truckish enough for me.

Ryan

We really dont need to hear about that.... :p :rofl:

It's like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Junior... :p

i guess i never really understood the reason for the explorer. i have no facts to back this up but...

-seems like the same size as the expedition with the same mileage, all while being a little more cramped. my sister has an 02ish explorer and it's nearly identical in size/feel to my mom 99 expedition.

i know the explorer sells like hotcakes (or used to), but why can't someone pick between the escape or expedition.

99ish down explorers...understandable, but once they made them bigger having 3 models(expedition, explorer, escape) seems like a waste

radialarm

Clown of Death!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
You probably already know this...but people don't buy Acuras for the mileage.

;)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts