Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2011 F150 Engine Specifications

F150EngineSpecifications.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I might just get me an Ecoboost in the future...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That ecoboost still impresses the hell outta me. Out of curiousity, why can't that technology be applied to say...the 6.2????? Nearly twice as big, but the numbers aren't too much better.

And I'd still love to see a 400+ci gasser be reintroduced.

I'm with Ben a " ecoboost " 6.2 would be Hawt...

Me thinks that might give a diesel a run for its money...

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
The 6.2L is not available in the XL or XLT, and is only offered with the maximum tow package.

After test driving these new trucks w/their new engines on 11/13/2010 at AutoClub Speedway in Fontana CA (the parking lot was used, not the actual track), I wasn't impressed.

Besides the 2011 F150's, one could also drive the competition from Chevy & Dodge, but there wasn't a single Toyota or Titan, both of which have DOHC 4 valve per cylinder V8's.

There were no window stickers on any of these trucks, so no one could suffer sticker shock.

The course amounted to a few S's, and a timed run of about 100 feet. Not, IMO...the way to test drive much of anything.

Both the 6.2L & 5.0L suffered from severe axle hop when "punched."

How long the V6's will hold up considering the weight of a Screw is over 6,200 lbs. is anyone's guess.

Ford Truck Articles