Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2010 f250 6.0turbo

truck seems to clean the exhaust filter whenever it feels like it,twice a day this week,25 miles between events.i call them events because anyone behind me is lucky to stay on the road with all the smoke.15000mi,truck has done this off and on since new.dealer reprogram seems to have really screwed it up.they say they cannot duplicate problem when i bring it in.any help out there would be appreciated.do i have to get the 6.7

blacksnapon

Staff member
truck seems to clean the exhaust filter whenever it feels like it,twice a day this week,25 miles between events.i call them events because anyone behind me is lucky to stay on the road with all the smoke.15000mi,truck has done this off and on since new.dealer reprogram seems to have really screwed it up.they say they cannot duplicate problem when i bring it in.any help out there would be appreciated.do i have to get the 6.7
What kind of driving do you do? Tooting around town, and generally short trips make it go into regeneration more often. Does the oil level drastically increase? Excessive regen will cause dilution of the crankcase oil. Does it use oil excessively? Oil seals in a turbo can cause smoke and oil use.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts