Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2008 Chevy Suburban, no power whatsoever

We were driving home today and saw somebody on the road with their lights off, so we went to flash them and all of the electronics quickly turned off and then restarted. Car was fine after that, no CEL. Got home and tried to do the same thing this time the radio turned off. When we parked it in the garage and tuned it off all power completely went out, no locks etc. Anybody ever heard of anything like this?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Patented GM self destruct chip?

:D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Justification for unloading the GM on some bleeding heart Liberal and getting a new Ford :D

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
2008 Chevy Suburban, no power whatsoever

Well yeah, we all already knew that... :D

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Bad Battery... My wifes Escape did like that. Changed the Battery and all was fine.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Unhook the battery clean all the connections.sound like aa bad ground. Those lovely side post batteries break at the post internally and will read with a meter but will fail on a load test.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Sounds like ground issue like Randy said. Those GM side terminal batteries are annoying.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Yeah, sounds like some loose connection failing under load.

Honestly, I like the side post batteries... They are alot cleaner looking than the top post...

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Only when there's some aftermarket electronics tapped into the system. The last time I saw something like that, it was a Duramax with an aftermarket tuner that had somehow managed to tap into the BCM (body control module).

We were driving home today and saw somebody on the road with their lights off, so we went to flash them and all of the electronics quickly turned off and then restarted. Car was fine after that, no CEL. Got home and tried to do the same thing this time the radio turned off. When we parked it in the garage and tuned it off all power completely went out, no locks etc. Anybody ever heard of anything like this?

Ford Truck Articles