Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2000 Mountaineer for sale

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Stock, never been off road... :D OK, who am I kidding here. ;)

Well, I think it is time for my friend and I to part ways. :( I have some medical bills that need to be paid, and I have the Taurus for my daily commute, so I am putting the Mountaineer on the chopping block.

It has come a long way since I first picked it up. If any of you remember, this is what it looked like when I drove it home:

0617091602.jpg

As you can see, it is well loved. I won't try to tell you it is in great shape, or anything. It is a tool that does its job well. I don't care about scratches and dings, which it has its fair share of both.

It is multicolored right now, as I couldn't decide which color to bed liner it in this summer, so I did a quick coat of OD green on one side, and desert tan on the other. It sands of super easy in preparation for the bedliner. I just need a way to visualize it. ;)

The 255/85R16 KM2s are still in great shape, and there is a matching spare that has never been mounted. All 5 wheel are balanced with ceramic beads, and I have had the truck up to 100 mph with very little to no vibrations. Sometimes it will vibrate a bit right when you take off on the highway until the beads get balanced out.

The 302 runs great, and has never given me any problems at all. With the 3.73 gears and 33" tires, I can still average high teens when it comes to MPG. The speedometer has not been corrected.

The AWD transfer case has been replaced with 2000ish F150 manual transfer case, providing 4HI, 4LO, N, and 2HI. This is the way the truck should have come from the factory.

The front unit bearings were replaced when I put the KM2s on. I can't remember mileage off the top of my head, I have to find my logbook for it. It could stand to have new shocks all the way around.

The blower motor was just replaced last month, of course, it picked the coldest part of the year to crap out on me.

The RLC winch bumper is very strong, and I am pretty disappointed that I never got around to picking up a winch for it.

I am asking $4000 for it, and feel that is a pretty fair deal for someone looking for a fun wheeler/project. That is pretty much what I have into it for parts, not even considering the actual vehicle. I can even through in the AWD case (cough, ERIC) if you want it. I might even be able to be convinced to throw a D30 in that would make a nice little SAS.

Buy it. Or don't. I don't really care. ;)

(Pictures are current, taken this afternoon)
IMG_1076_zps52d02d49.jpg

IMG_1077_zps89752017.jpg

IMG_1078_zps74a56081.jpg

IMG_1082_zps6e3ede94.jpg

IMG_1081_zps6c1cdddd.jpg

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I am sorry that the price doesn't work out for you. :rolleyes: It is not for you, anyway. Its a good deal for someone that will use it for what I built it for. Like I said, there is close to my asking price just in parts, with a running Mountaineer thrown in for good measure. ;)

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You'd get that in a heartbeat up here Josh.

Ford Truck Articles