Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1997 XLT F250LD 4x4??

I am lookin for someone who has the exact same truck as mine. You can look at my photos and see if u have that truck. Im askin cuz if u have fixed your truck up meaning: Lift, rims, etc. I would to know where u got it and how much. Cuz im having trouble finding parts and accessories for it. What im really want to find is a set of aftermarket rims or a new set of stock rims. I have the 7 lug design which i hate ford for doin that. Cuz it just makes it harder to find rims for. If anyone has any info on anything for this truck. Please let me know..Thanks. And i also need to find the owners manuel for this truck. Would it b just like the F150 owners manuel? This is my first ford and i really want to make this truck badass.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
that is the light duty I ran one a few years.
one of Fords mistakes. You will need drop spindles they make them but they are pricey. The dreaded 7 lug wheels are out there but they are expensive.
I can say that is the only Ford I never cared for

yea, i know im thinkin of tradin it in and gettin somethin else. i like to have something that i can fix up and make it look good.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Good truck- just not the best choice for something as a base to mod.

well, the former owner was my grandparents neighbor and i never really payed to much attention it until i got it. i didnt even know it was the f250 LD. I just thought it was a f150.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
The one I drove ran decent and road nice and smooth.
It just wasn't the truck I needed should have been a super duty or a F350 but the price was right and it did ok just not great.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I know exactly what Ford was thinking. Back then, Ford was shocked with the reception they got on the then-new F150's styling, so they did a rushed restyle of the yet to be introduced Super-Duty. The LD F250 was a stop-gap to fill in the year's delay the restyle left.

yea, well i have been doin some stuff to it. Small stuff. Ill probably wait for a while before i do any major stuff to it. but it is a good truck. I only drive it to work and back home. We usually drive my wife's car when we have to go anywhere cuz the gas mileage sucks on my truck.

if money were not so tight I'd ask ya what ya want for it. I like my 97 150 but its too light. It is embarrassing having dads 94 K1500 outworking my 97 Ford. the 6000 gvw is just too light to be called a truck these days.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts