Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1994 f350 (7.5L) dropping out of gear

i am having troubles with my truck shifting, it started when one morning once my trany warmed up, dropping into neutral, then when i released the accelerator, stepped on the gas again it would start accelerating again. the transmission would work fine until heated up and then start going crazy going into neutral and dropping gears. so i replaced the vss, and the transmission control solenoid pack. refilled it with fluid. and now it only reverse works, and second gear. ( im assuming it is in limp mode) this happened right after i replaced the solenoid pack. im just confused and not sure what to look for next. i have these four codes coming up but dont believe any of them have anything to do with it (67, 21, 41, 77). any advice or help would be appreciated.
sorry if that was confusing feel free to ask me to re explain something
thank you very much

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Code 67 -
Service Code 67 indicates that during Self-Test, voltage was high on NDS (Pin 30) or ACCS (Pin 10) circuit.

Code 21 - indicates the transmission wasnt run up to temp before self tests were run.

Code 41 - its a lean emissions code. Right bank supposedly. Which can cause misfires if its running to lean.

Code 77 - system failure to detect WOT during Dynamic Response Test.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Im hoping one of the members here more versed in the older trucks will chime in and help. All i was able to find were the codes. I know low trans fluid levels can cause wonky shifting. But figured you would have already checked that since you had just done the solenoid pack. And if your having misfires because its running lean they can make it feel like a transmission issue when they get bad enough. Its just hard for me to say. Why im hoping another more experienced member will chime in.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts