Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1994 F150 Brake Job!

emtzach

i get paid to do this
its so hard to explain you really need a good step by step tear down and some speacialty sockets hopefully one of the techs will have a tear down or if your in a huge rush try you tubbing it there might be someone who did a quick demo i cant do much from the work computer

blacksnapon

Staff member
Manual Locking Hubs

Removal and Installation

Separate cap assembly from hub body by removing the six Torx® head capscrews.

NOTE: F-350 4 x 4 no longer utilizes the snapring although F-150, F-250 and Bronco 4x4 vehicles still do.

Remove the snap ring that retains the halfshaft in the hub body assembly.

Remove the lock ring seated in the groove of the front disc brake hub and rotor .

Remove the body assembly from the front disc brake hub and rotor . If the body is difficult to remove, install two capscrews and pull the body assembly out of the front disc brake hub and rotor .

For installation, follow removal procedures in reverse order. Tighten six Torx® head capscrews to 4-6 Nm (35-53 in-lb).

Do not pack the cap with grease. Excessive grease can cause excessive dialing effort.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah theres two of em then a little washer type deal that holds the inner one from spinnin off its got four little sqaure cutouts in each nut There should also be a spring behind the hub that helps it engage and disengage. Disassembly is easy, just make sure when ya go to put it back together that ya put the little nub on the inner lock nut towards ya in order to get the little washer on.

Last edited:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea, if you have auto hubs its a bit different, if you have manual hubs its easier. Here is a link to when I did em on my F350
http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=314780#post314780

Once you get the rotor and hub assemble off the spindle, you will need to pound out all the studs, and then seperate the rotor from the hub. You can buy as a full hub and rotor unit at part stores. Then put the rotor back on top, and pound the studs back in, i use a tool that slides over the stud, then you put a lug nut on, and using an impact you pull the stud through. I usually grease everything up for future mods. Pack your bearings, put the inner in, and put the new grease seal in, and then put the outer in and put a nut on.

Ford Truck Articles