Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1991 F250 popping and rubbing from front

Hey guys my truck just started this today it sounds like something is rubbing bad in the front end and when I put it in gear to take off it doesn't want to move unless I turn the wheel just right but it has a loud pop when it does take off, I put it in 4high and it would take off easier it feels like something is locked up in the front i did a walk around and didn't see anything snapped or broken or bent someone told me it may be my spider gears but it does move it's just like somethen in the front is holding it back. Any idea what the cause is or where to start?

You could be locked in 4x4 therefore if you have it out of 4x4 the front end does not want to spin freely if that makes any sense to you. My dad had a similar problem with his 95 f150. We had to get a new/reman 4x4 module and it fixed the problem but it was a little pricey. Also your brakes could be sticking or a caliper might be stuck or froze up causing the rubbing. Popping could be worn ball joints. I would check your front suspension for any damaged boots at any of the joints.

primetime

sawmill slave
^^ Does it do it with the hubs unlocked or locked? Because that can make a difference and help narrow things down.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts