Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1979 F600 4 x 4... Im the bastrad stepchild that doesnt fit anywhere

i remember it from the other site.... wonder if he ever finished itsmilieeatndrink

i remember it from the other site.... wonder if he ever finished itsmilieeatndrink

Funny you mention this

The project.. in hiatus for a year.. has just been resurrected....

I had just about finished the original factory frame when I found some damage hidden under undercoating under the double frame... where the firepump discharge had been pointed.. I had repaired it but I was never happy with it... so I stopped and began searching for a donor frame

I found one.. last week... a bobtail.. without damage, rust free (because it had been covered with what seems like gallons and gallons of grease) and at the right price.. nearly free...

The project is again on track... pictures to follow

As an aside I now have a gaggle of f 600 trucks if anyone needs parts... and is local

notme

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Wow that thing is awesome :D

Interesting on the Uhaul site.. unfortunately no steel sheetmetal left for the f 600s...

Ok.. a little update.. I pulled my donor truck apart.. down to the frame rails... Ill finish next week and get it ready for blasting

Donor truck.. for the frame.. short wheelbase.. frame is near mint

and.. what it looks like now

and opps.. I couldn't help it.. I found this bone stock CALFIRE truck on the corner with a very desperate seller... so I just had to give it an f600 home (Im getting a good selection of parts now and if you have an f600 and need something contact me)

I was going to use it for parts as the price was right but its so nice Im going to put it in storage until the fire truck project is done

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Watch chad brocks "lighting does the work" music video, theres a 4x4 F600 in that video, this fire truck amkes the second one ive ever seen.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts