Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1979 F250 4x4

was i cheated or did the seller get cheated$3,850.00

• Total voters
Hello to everybody .
New here
Well here we go. 1979 f250 4x4 I call it my bair lee legal ghost
My name is leland bair have had the truck 2 yrs so far touched up paint ,rebuilt rear end in process of 6"Skyjacker lift system ball joints,rear wheel cylinders will post pics in album in I guess its the members galleries category

looks nice, good buy

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Would need a little more info....any pics of the engine bay and underneath? How many miles....assuming those things are good, and by the looks of the rig, it looks like it was well taken care of before you got it, I'd say you got a really good deal....I don't think you stole it, but a pretty darn good deal IMO. Looks nice.....not crazy about those additional things on the side of the bed just behind the cab (whatever they're called).

23 miles short of 100,000 will post pics of engine tonight 460 c6 guys say the rear spoiler is obsolete for that year of trucks can't buy anymore changing rear brake lines yesterday wheel cylinders today

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Welcome. That is a nice truck. Don't really care for the fairing on the back either, but, to each his own.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Judging by this pic:
PDRM00161.JPG

It's not a bad looking truck, I don't know where you're located, so that can dictate price premiums as well, but around here, as it sits...opening asking price would probably be around $3000 and be willing to negotiate down.

For reference...a buddy of mine is selling a 78 super cab 250 4x4 with a swapped in 460, in daily driver condition. Paint is decent, no glaring body damage...and he started out asking 4k, and is now down to $2500.

Another buddy has 78 350 crew cab 2by, probably the nicest I've seen in person and he's currently asking 4k.

All that said, if you're happy, it really doesn't matter what you paid, and as I said, different areas command different prices.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Judging by this pic:
PDRM00161.JPG

It's not a bad looking truck, I don't know where you're located, so that can dictate price premiums as well, but around here, as it sits...opening asking price would probably be around $3000 and be willing to negotiate down.

For reference...a buddy of mine is selling a 78 super cab 250 4x4 with a swapped in 460, in daily driver condition. Paint is decent, no glaring body damage...and he started out asking 4k, and is now down to $2500.

Another buddy has 78 350 crew cab 2by, probably the nicest I've seen in person and he's currently asking 4k.

All that said, if you're happy, it really doesn't matter what you paid, and as I said, different areas command different prices.

Not just areas, but the current economic conditions of the US has driven used car prices down dramatically.....I think, if this was sold in 2008, one could command $4-5k for it, but you'll see more prices like in the range Ben quoted these days.

Possum

Georgia Chapter member
I would've voted for "neither" had it been an option.

Like Ben said, if you're happy with it then you didn't get a bad deal,

and at $3850 the seller wasn't lookin to make a killin off of it.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts