Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

07 F150 engine problems

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
My mother-in-law has a 07 F150. She has had it in the shop several times because it doesnt run right. I think they have been throwing parts at it. So far they have spent over $3k. This is what they have done over the last 3 months.

Spark plugs, #5 coil, both cam position sensors, Fuel pump and filter.

It quit again today. I pulled 3 codes. P0022, P0340, P0345. I pulled them with a SCT. It looks like they are all cam position sensor codes. I cleared the dtc's.

It ran good for a while. After I stopped it started ideling rough. I will post the video as soon as I get it uploaded.

Please help.

Here is the video.

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
Sounds like you've got VCT or phazer issues. Thats why the noise went away when you rev it up.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I hate to tell you this, but you might be in for an engine change. It involves the oil passages to the camchaft phazers being plugged up. Is it still warranty? It can amount to a large cash issue if not. With the discount to FTF members, it could very well be beneficial to you to bring it up here.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Uh oh. That's not what I wanted to hear. But I knew you could give me an idea of what I was looking at. It is out of warranty

blacksnapon

Staff member
Theres a few tests to run to pin it down, but generally thats whats wrong. Guy next to me replaced one a week ago with the exact same codes in it.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Looks like they are going to trade it. It is almost paid for. Their last truck broke when it was paid off. 04 4.6. It dropped a valve.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts