Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Couple of little projects

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I ordered a set of upfitter switches to go in my 05 and have not had a chance to install them...going to do so right quick as I have decided to get a Rigid lightbar for my quadding trip.
Think I'm going to go with either the 40'' or 50'' one.
Plan is to either make brackets that bolt onto the existing tow hooks or get a couple of used hooks and weld something on.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/14231

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/15231

I also picked up a Pac Audio CanBus input device for the factory stereo, it lets you use the Aux for an mp3 player etc.

20140531_133046.jpg

20140531_133436.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Found a couple of used tow hooks..think I will go the welded bracket route and get them powdercoated.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thinking the 50'' unit is the way to go....over a million CP and over a mile of illumination...thinking the new Transit will get the same unit

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: I didn't say you couldn't do it, just don't blame it on me.

Every stupid idea relies on a scapegoat...and I have this in writing.....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :beer:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Installed the switches today...Vince, I feel your pain working on these new vehicles...what a PITA to get at anything.

Followed the destructions in the kit...removed glovebox, center storage...I also removed the hook thingy as well.

Relay module mounted up above glovebox.

All buttoned up and I located the wire that Ford so kindly ran through the firewall....I've not connected anything yet as I haven't ordered the light bar.

Glovebox dropped:

20140606_144604.jpg

Center storage dropped:

20140606_144944.jpg

Storage cubby removed for the switches:

20140606_150202.jpg

Relay module mounted above glovebox:

20140606_151826.jpg

Fuseblock dropped to plug in harness:

20140606_172620.jpg

Finished:

20140606_174332.jpg

20140606_174343.jpg

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Nice wish I had the 05 style truck!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Chris....I was real happy it was a plug and play type install. I'm very happy with this truck!!

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Ford loves to leave wiring for future upgrades!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Ford loves to leave wiring for future upgrades!

It's very convenient, that's for sure!
I might wind up using a relay instead of directly powering that lightbar...if so, I'll use one of the low current outputs.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice....I saw them on my buddy's 06 which led me to investigate.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Doug.

Had plans on doing that PAC module today, turned out I didn't have 2 patch cables that I needed.

I'll wait and do the light bar and that at the same time.

Bastards from Rigid never called me back on Friday either....grrrrr.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts