Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dutch newbie with a Ford truck

Ton van der Sluijs

official Lucas dealer
Hi guys, I'm Ton van der Sluijs and living in the countryside in the northern part of the Netherlands.
One year ago I've bought my truck. Swapped a handfull of sensors, overhauled the cilinderheads, removed the smogpump and they equipped the truck with a "Prins LPG injection multiport system.

LPG injectionset

The machineshop, including a tuningshop

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

some special parts ;homemade ,

best regards Ton

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Very nice....welcome!

Ton van der Sluijs

official Lucas dealer
Thanks guys:wavey:
I'm posting regularly on a Dutch truck forum as well... It's a nice way of passing time and techincal info sharing is a must. My Ford Flareside is very rare here in Holland. Beside the machineshop, we've started a paintshop. My truck got a new skin last year and a lot of people think that I've bought a brand new truck smilieFordlogo .
Gas is a rip-off here, that's why my truck rins on LPG. Roadtax is a rip-off too, but because I'm in business , the tax is cheap.

My truck in original colours ready to be painted

best regards Ton

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Welcome to FTF!
seeyamustang.gif
Flareside's aren't exactly common here either. Good to have you aboard!

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
welcome!!! Ga zo door!!!

kijk eens mijn project :)

Ton van der Sluijs

official Lucas dealer
Goodmorning Y'all:) :)

Hello Jurgen; I shall have a look at your project. Hi Amkatt. thnx man! Licourice.... shops full of licourice here. We do send it every year to family in Ontario and in New Zealand they nearly killed me for having some. The dutch word for licourice is "Drop"

best regards Ton

Ton van der Sluijs

official Lucas dealer
Hi guys:)
One of the jobs I had to do last winter, was refurbishing the cilinderheads. Valves were leaking due to the EGR valve, which dirtens your heads and leave a thick layer of coal/soot on the valveseats.

dirty valves

"trumpets who gonna make the music

best regaeds Ton

Hi Ton
I've been looking at lpg for my 87 f150 5.0 as gas is $2.16/litre here and LPG is $1.47 / litre but because i cover more than 2000km /month i can get at a taxi rate which is $1.10/litre.
I have had a quote for $4800.00 to supply and fit an lpg system but it is the old vapour type - if you don't mind telling us how much your system cost as i think the injection system is much better and would probably pay itself off a lot quicker.

Cheers Mark

Ton van der Sluijs

official Lucas dealer
Good morning Mark;
It depends on what kinda engine you have....
My truck is having an 5,8l EfI, which means injection. when I bought her, there was an Impco300 vapourizer on board. In open loop (with the TPSconnecttor loose) a beautifull running engine but harsh shifts! with closed loop the ignitiontiming was moving up and down which resulted in an engine stutter and nice shift.
Like the LPGsystem salesman said" an injection operated engine NEEDS an injection LPG sys" and he was right!!

I've paid 2500dollar for the whole system and it's well worth doing it.

Here you see the vapourer , the pump and the computer.

eight injectors blowing straight in the lowermanifold.

This is a Prins system. very good.

best regards Ton

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts