Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

guage cluster

ok next problem my guage cluster wont light up and the blinker lights dont come on in the cluster i just picked me up a used cluster cause mine was all falling apart and they still dont work the bulbs are all good and the circuit board looks awesome whats the next place to look

blacksnapon

Staff member
ok next problem my guage cluster wont light up and the blinker lights dont come on in the cluster i just picked me up a used cluster cause mine was all falling apart and they still dont work the bulbs are all good and the circuit board looks awesome whats the next place to look
Fuses would be wise.

There's a little relay box back there plugs into the back of the cluster. I had a 78 that did what yours is doing. Popped another relay in and bingo...

Try turning the headlight switch to maximum illumination for the cluster lighting

The wire for them coming out of the HL switch is Blue with red stripe.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Thers also a voltage regulator on the back of the cluster that makes that happen. Another thing to do is clean all the contacts on the circut board where the bulb sockets go.

i noticed when i moved the wires on the hl switch that my dome light came on so i know i have something loose

When you turn the knob all the way to the left, the dome light should come on

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Thers also a voltage regulator on the back of the cluster that makes that happen. Another thing to do is clean all the contacts on the circut board where the bulb sockets go.

That was the problem in my F100 when my dash lights weren't working.Go out to the junkyard and grab a bunch of Voltage Regulators from other trucks and hope one works.Or buy a new one.Good luck.

well the lights didnt work on the old cluster or the new cluster and when i turn the hl switch all the way it does click and my dome light comes on

please stop posting wrong info......THE IVR is for THE GAUGES.......they have nothing to do with cluster lighting.

the bulbs get their power from the headlight switch.

clusterback.jpg

75-77WiringDiagram4.jpg

Last edited:
i told you already..... blue with red stripe is cluster lighting

did you check the P.C. for corrosion ? that should be removed

see the other thread

the printed circuit it in great shape and my guages arent workin as well but with the new guage cluster in i did nitice the highbeam indicator light fasten seatbelt light which stays on and the brake light decided to come on today im gonna be replacing the hl switch this weekend and see what that changes

just put a test light on that blue/red wire to see if there is power in the on position

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts