Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What's your favorite bodystyle of F-150

What is your favorite bodystyle of F-150

• 2004 - up

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • 1997 - 2003

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 1987 - 1996

Votes: 56 45.5%
  • 1980 - 1986

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • 1973 - 1979

Votes: 41 33.3%

• Total voters

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Are you talking about the massive red one he did then trimmed? That thing was not only a monster but an eyesore.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I don't believe the bumper itself was red... But I think his truck was. And yeah, he trimmed it back a bit and made it smaller.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Truck was white with red pinstripe. I should've clarified.. it was originally red before being trimmed and re-painted.

This picture makes me cringe.
f350-superbumper-25.jpg

everybody likes the 87-91 bodystyle...

Until they see the 92-96! Then the 87-91 takes a back seat!

Ryan

smiliehijacked

You have it all wrong. No one likes the F-150 body styles at all.

The classics from 53-56 are the best!

I am just joking guys. :suspicious:

bobf100

smiliehijacked

You have it all wrong. No one likes the F-150 body styles at all.

The classics from 53-56 are the best!

I am just joking guys. :suspicious:

Hey Brian I've got to agree. Real trucks have real running boards as old Henry Ford intended it to be. Our 56's were the last to come from the factory with full running boards. Of course I'm just joking but also I'm stirring it up a little.............smiliestirthepot

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
everybody likes the 87-91 bodystyle...

Until they see the 92-96! Then the 87-91 takes a back seat!

Ryan
LOL, for once you couldn't be more right.

-"Hey George, I don't think it could get ANY better than my 87-91 F150..."
-"I agree Tim, this thing is the best. Hey whats that?"
-"Its....BEAUTIFUL"

-"Hey guys check out my new 92-96 F150... Love at first sight eh?"

:D

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I think the exterior styling on the '92-'96 is a bit nicer than the '87-'91s. I drove an '89 a couple hundred miles over Thanksgiving, though, and decided I prefer the interiors in them. Dimmer on the floor, wipers on the dash, everything but the power window switches (I prefer cranks anyway).

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
haha you just gotta love the high beam switch on the floor below the e-brake. when i first got the truck i was like WTF is that for? took me 2 weeks to finally accidentally press it at night and BAM high beams go on. i couldn't stop laughing

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I didn't know they still had the floor high beam switch in those body styles... I thought the 80-86 was the last round that had that. I think that's a pretty cool feature. :)

Ryan

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
the last year they had it was in 91. in 92 they moved it to the column...not sure why..

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
They moved it 'cuz when it's on the floor, snow and salt running off your boots would corrode the switch and cause it to fail.

Not that the all-in-one multi-function switch they put in the newer trucks doesn't fail, too....

Then how come mine still works at 50 years of age?

Our 88 still works fine.

If one should go out, there are about 3 screws to remove to replace it.

The column switches seem to go out a lot more often and are a lot harder to replace when they do go out.

Besides the column switches cause accidents...people like Ryan keep getting their feet tangled up in the steering wheel....'hah'

Then how come mine still works at 50 years of age?

Our 88 still works fine.

If one should go out, there are about 3 screws to remove to replace it.

The column switches seem to go out a lot more often and are a lot harder to replace when they do go out.

Besides the column switches cause accidents...people like Ryan keep getting their feet tangled up in the steering wheel....'hah'
You're on a roll tonight, Brian...:rolling laugh:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Maybe it's because you live in an area that doesn't see road salt (lucky son-of-a-gun...), I don't really know. But that was always the answer I heard.

The column switch in my Ranger went out, but it was the blinkers and wipers that were acting up- high beams still worked fine. [confused]

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
actually the column switches on the 92-96/97 trucks were really easy to replace. unscrew the 3 screws on the bottom of the column, drop that peice, turn the key one click after off but before the on position, and press the small button on the key cylinder and remove the cylinder. then take off the top peice and unscrew the lever from the column and disconnect the wire connectors and replace with a new one.....wow i guess it is a little more then take out the three screws and unplug the wires for the floor one:headbang:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts