Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What Have You Done to Your FORD Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I put the radio from the truck into the Explorer. That was an excuse to go to Lowes for wire caps. I also got some stuff for a new project. :D

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
You used the connectors for household electricity in a car radio installation? lmao I can't stand when people do that.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You used the connectors for household electricity in a car radio installation? lmao I can't stand when people do that.

It is the height of cheeziness and butchery :D

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Ahem:

White_Safty_Wire_Cap_731.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Ahem.....use a soldering iron and heatshrink.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Ahem.....use a soldering iron and heatshrink.

Ahem... buy me a heat gun.

Besides, I can use the wire stripper to crimp too, so I don't have to switch tools. :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Ahem... buy me a heat gun.

Besides, I can use the wire stripper to crimp too, so I don't have to switch tools. :D

Don't be cheap and lazy...$20 for a heat gun...:D

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Whats the heat gun for? A Bic lighter works fine for heat shrink lol

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
smilietease

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Adjusted the carb and topped off fluids on the Bronco before she takes her first highway trip since the fateful beach trip.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Austin, learn to solder. It's not that hard, and it allows you to keep a strong connection, and not have to pull your radio thirty times as you would with your caps which can and will work loose.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Austin, learn to solder. It's not that hard, and it allows you to keep a strong connection, and not have to pull your radio thirty times as you would with your caps which can and will work loose.

I might could do it eventually, but the wires are twisted and crimped - get's the job done for now, I guess! smilieFordlogo

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
For wires, I won't even use an iron...I use a pencil torch.....

I put true duals on my truck today...with glasspacks.....it's a little faster, it sounds good and the drone is gone from the cab now (thank friggin gawd)

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I might could do it eventually, but the wires are twisted and crimped - get's the job done for now, I guess! smilieFordlogo

we'll watch it burn down.

For wires, I won't even use an iron...I use a pencil torch.....

I put true duals on my truck today...with glasspacks.....it's a little faster, it sounds good and the drone is gone from the cab now (thank friggin gawd)

Sending you a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts