Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What Have You Done to Your FORD Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
lol, I do feel bad for him though. Doing cylinders on a northern truck can be a b*tch. Dad had to do the ones on his 87, and he ran into the same deal as Ben.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Seriously? You have got to be kidding me! How could you have a problem?

HAHA...no worries, those kinda things always seem to happen to me. Change t-stats, snap a bolt off in the block, get it out, crack the t-stat housing. Do a timing chain, break the cam bolt off. The easier a job is supposed to be, the worse my luck is.

lol, I do feel bad for him though. Doing cylinders on a northern truck can be a b*tch. Dad had to do the ones on his 87, and he ran into the same deal as Ben.

Yeah...but this is a southern truck. Built in Va and spent it's whole life in Charlotte. And seriously, no need to feel bad...I got to come back here and joke about it with you guys...the whole time my dad was out their watching me and we got to spend some time together...so no worries.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Oh I see.....he's just trying to feel better about his lack of endowment then eh....understandable, but not from my point of view.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Started replacin the water pump on the 86 before work now im debating doin a straight up timing chain while its already got the coolant drained out. Also gonna go get the bronco tomorrow hopefully if the bank aint havin another stinkin meetin from 9-11.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Do the TC...you're in there anyway, and done most of the work.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
No I had to get a loan and sign it that mornin and I couldnt sign it if the lady wasnt there then by the time the meeting was over I had to leave for work so that wouldnt work. Got it today and it drove itself home after looping the heater hoses cause of a bad heater core. Drives really good other than alot of drivetrain noise. Need to take a closer look at it after I get the 86 done.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^You're catching the Bronco bug. My dad was always pro-truck, pro-truck, pro-truck...until he ordered his first 78 Bronco...he ordered 4 more after that one...before 1981 (1 more 78, 2 79's and an 80). And now he claims the Bronco is his favorite rig of all time. He kept coaxing me into Broncos ...and told me I'd never turn back. Finally, my senior year of high school, I bought an 83, after that...I bought at least one Bronco every year until I bought the 79.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah its way differnt to drive bein so used to the trucks. Started it up this mornin in 17 degree weather and it fired right up with a pump on the gas. Needs a tune up and such but hopefully itll be on the road before too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts