Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What Have You Done to Your FORD Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I know, I had it BURIED. Like, it sunk and I had the drivers side door and fender against the bank of the mud hole, and couldn't even get out. With 2inches of water in the floorboard, and the front bumper pushing mud with water almost to the headlight where I nosed it off into there.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^So how trashed is this rig gonna be when you get ready to sell it? It seemed pretty nice when you got it, had it's problems but it is 30 years old.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
You really do insist on picking on me, don't you? Everytime I post anything about having a little fun you gotta hop your butt in here and make a comment. It's kinda annoying... but for your information, I don't plan on it being trashed, I don't abuse this thing, and it looks the same today, except from a small dent in the front fender (Not sure what happened...I think somebody backed into it) and the rear bumper as it did when I got it. and the bumper IS getting fixed, as soon as I get a chance I'm gonna yank it off and weld the bracket back. and if I cant get this bumper straight, I'm gonna put another one on it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Your rig...do what you want, you're the one paying the repair bills. People do worse things to vehicles everyday and drive bigger hunks of junk. Afterall, it is a 30+ year old rig, that most don't give a damn about. So no, I'm not trying to pick on you. You just see kids expect a nice ride or get a cool rig, they don't full appreciate it and junk it, happens all the time. But also keep in mind, I'm a huuuuuuuuge advocate for kids not to get their license until they're 21, and I think the majority of people show a lack of responsibility when it comes to driving. Driving is not a right, it's a privilege and I think people forget that. Shoot, the country needs money, I know there's some good money in writing illegal wheeling tickets, I'm sure there's millions, if not billions that could be had in cell phone tickets, etc. Poor habits turn in to worse habits, little mistakes turn in to big mistakes...and it's tough to take back a 2 ton bullet.

Last edited:

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Your rig...do what you want, you're the one paying the repair bills. People do worse things to vehicles everyday and drive bigger hunks of junk. Afterall, it is a 30+ year old rig, that most don't give a damn about. So no, I'm not trying to pick on you. You just see kids expect a nice ride or get a cool rig, they don't full appreciate it and junk it, happens all the time. But also keep in mind, I'm a huuuuuuuuge advocate for kids not to get their license until they're 21, and I think the majority of people show a lack of responsibility when it comes to driving. Driving is not a right, it's a privilege and I think people forget that. Shoot, the country needs money, I know there's some good money in writing illegal wheeling tickets, I'm sure there's millions, if not billions that could be had in cell phone tickets, etc. Poor habits turn in to worse habits, little mistakes turn in to big mistakes...and it's tough to take back a 2 ton bullet.

I know whatcha mean, I see my friends trash/thrash on their vehicles and I'm sitting there thinking, there is no sense in that. I have fun, but don't beat on mine to hard. (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MvgCMv_DG8 )

I don't see why you would need to be 21 to get your liscense, since you can get sent overseas and killed when your 18. I do agree on the phone tickets and stuff, that's the cause of all to many accidents.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I don't see why you would need to be 21 to get your liscense, since you can get sent overseas and killed when your 18.

Maturity, based on brain development. And I'm also all for, if you serve your country, no restrictions, what-so-ever...if not, you're SOL.

Disclaimer...not saying all people under 21 are immature, or that all people over 21 are mature...but the bulk of historical data tends to say decision making and critical thinking skills seem to improve around that time frame.

Last edited:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
It's my firm belief that everyone has a parent that's a truck driver. I'm a better driver because of my mother being just that.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Maturity, based on brain development. And I'm also all for, if you serve your country, no restrictions, what-so-ever...if not, you're SOL.

Disclaimer...not saying all people under 21 are immature, or that all people over 21 are mature...but the bulk of historical data tends to say decision making and critical thinking skills seem to improve around that time frame.

I understand what your saying, and gotta agree with you to an extent.. but still don't think it should be 21.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I can agree with an 18 y/o minimum for a driver but 21 is a bit of a stretch.

My thought was a graduated program...and get full release at 21. Start with the permit process at 16. At 17 get a provisional license, allowing you to and from school and possibly work (with proof and documentation). At 18, the ability to drive from X-Y hours, and work release. At 19 extend those hours, then again at 20 with work releases. Then full release at 21. If there are any incidents along the way, that pushes the extension/release date back.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ah, so than the feds can have even more control over the American people's lives and when they do it.....

So those American people are ok with taking money from the government in unemployment/welfare, they just don't want the roads to be safer? Either you want the government hands off, or you want them to hold your hand. I guess until you're hit head on by an uninsured/undocumented driver, you think the roads are just fine. Sorry man, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok

My thought was a graduated program...and get full release at 21. Start with the permit process at 16. At 17 get a provisional license, allowing you to and from school and possibly work (with proof and documentation). At 18, the ability to drive from X-Y hours, and work release. At 19 extend those hours, then again at 20 with work releases. Then full release at 21. If there are any incidents along the way, that pushes the extension/release date back.

So those American people are ok with taking money from the government in unemployment/welfare, they just don't want the roads to be safer? Either you want the government hands off, or you want them to hold your hand. I guess until you're hit head on by an uninsured/undocumented driver, you think the roads are just fine. Sorry man, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I think you're nuts. So you're telling us you would have been happy if your parents drove you to University until you graduated at 21 and you would have to walk everywhere? I got my License at 15 never had a wreck and only one ticket at age 17 Now does that make me a better driver at that age than you? And how does Federal government play in car insurance? It doesn't it's on a state by state bases and some states doesn't require any insurance at all.

A graduated license doesn't help anything at all when you see people of all ages men and women who try to read while driving,put make up on while driving, mess with cd or the radio while driving, talking on the phone while driving, Texting while driving, eating while driving, coming to a stop to look at a accident, while driving, last but least not paying attention while driving.

So with all that how does a graduated license help?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

I think there can be a balance.

I think this would be a good base to start from. Some good ideas.

There has to be a good balance......I believe there was decent balance right around the civil war and then it all started to go to heck during that same exact time when the "income" tax was instituted!

I think you're nuts. So you're telling us you would have been happy if your parents drove you to University until you graduated at 21 and you would have to walk everywhere? I got my License at 15 never had a wreck and only one ticket at age 17 Now does that make me a better driver at that age than you? And how does Federal government play in car insurance? It doesn't it's on a state by state bases and some states doesn't require any insurance at all.

A graduated license doesn't help anything at all when you see people of all ages men and women who try to read while driving,put make up on while driving, mess with cd or the radio while driving, talking on the phone while driving, Texting while driving, eating while driving, coming to a stop to look at a accident, while driving, last but least not paying attention while driving.

Yeah Cliff.....lots of problems and issues with driving.....

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

I'm not saying I have all the answers Cliff. But if you look at the data, I'll think you'll see where the data skews. I had everything I needed at school, and public transportation, and alot of universities don't allow underclassmen to have vehicles. As for the insurance thing, that was side info.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I'm not saying I have all the answers Cliff. But if you look at the data, I'll think you'll see where the data skews. I had everything I needed at school, and public transportation, and alot of universities don't allow underclassmen to have vehicles. As for the insurance thing, that was side info.

Ben I never said you had all the answer, just the way to a graduated license is wrong. First off you would need a strong traffic enforcement to handle all the violations that people make and ticket them so basiclly you would need 2 enforcement division for city and county and it's not cost prohibited right now. Get rid of all the distractions and that would take away 90% causes of accidents. Can you imagine how much income could be generated if traffic laws were enforced correctly?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben I never said you had all the answer, just the way to a graduated license is wrong. First off you would need a strong traffic enforcement to handle all the violations that people make and ticket them so basiclly you would need 2 enforcement division for city and county and it's not cost prohibited right now. Get rid of all the distractions and that would take away 90% causes of accidents. Can you imagine how much income could be generated if traffic laws were enforced correctly?

Yes...Cliff, and I see nothing wrong with that kind of revenue being generated. For the record, NC does already have a form of graduated licensing (started before I got my license). You have a restricted permit the first 6 months (6am-9pm I believe), then a full permit. Then the same provisions with your license. And if you get in any trouble in school, pushes back the date the restrictions/check points can be lifted (I got in a fight at school, and postponed me getting my license 6 months). So it already is in effect, just not as long as I proposed. So to say it wouldn't work, is ridiculous, because it's already in place...just scaled back.

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Yes...Cliff, and I see nothing wrong with that kind of revenue being generated. For the record, NC does already have a form of graduated licensing. You have a restricted permit the first 6 months (6am-9pm I believe), then a full permit. Then the same provisions with your license. So it already is in effect, just not as long as I proposed. So to say it wouldn't work, is ridiculous, because it's already in place...just scaled back.

I know Ben my sons went through it but to me it puts more burden on the parents to see their children get to work without the police harassing them which we been through more than once because of a overzealous cop trying to make points with is supervisor. So no IMO it does not.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dunno your situation Cliff, nor do I want to, but not everything is going to be perfectly fitted for everyone. There are going to be outliers and exceptions. With these sort of things, you need to look at the big picture, rather than isolated cases. I understand, putting aside personal experience is tough to do, but sometimes for the lesser of two evils, you have to be unbias.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Dunno your situation Cliff, nor do I want to, but not everything is going to be perfectly fitted for everyone. There are going to be outliers and exceptions. With these sort of things, you need to look at the big picture, rather than isolated cases. I understand, putting aside personal experience is tough to do, but sometimes for the lesser of two evils, you have to be unbias.

I can't argue that. But seems to me personal experience should be a part of the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts