Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What have you done to your FORD today v2

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I reallllllly wish I would have gone that route!

Yeah...I was trying to piecemeal the system together and was trying to be budget concious, but I said screw it, threw my inhibitions to the wind and decided to do the entire system and fix once. It'll be a few hundred more doing everything through RH, but their track record seems impecable. For the Bendix P/A system, they eliminate some inherent weaknesses instead of just replacing them...couple that with a fluid cooler, and I should have no issues for a very long time. Not to mention, I was talking with a guy on FSB, he was shipped a bad box and they had replacements to his door in 2 days and shipping was on their dime...tough to argue with customer service like that.

Redhead is redoing mine..although no red on it though :D

smilietease

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Changed the oil and rotated the tires on the Mustang. I tell you, alot can be said for having a lift...woulda made the job sooooooooo much easier.

Also fixed the intake leak on the Bronco. I think the booster is going on it now too...and contemplating a hydroboost swap if I don't do the 350 upgrade.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Changed oil on the big truck 23 quarts...only wore some of it :D

Changed the Motorhome Oil and did a tranny flush and fill on my son's recently purchased F150. I'm so proud of him!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sitting at the glass shop getting 3 rock chips filled.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Plotting, ordering and buying parts.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Thread revival.

Soaked the F100's front bumper bolts in PB Blaster, then removed the bolts and nuts. I cleaned up the threads, and then reinstalled the bolts. This was in preparation for the new item that will hopefully come next week. :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Rock chip filled on the 750

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Got the 5.4 tore down today the rest of the way... Everything looks good, no marring on the cylinder walls, crank looks good, Bearings look like they got hot, which I knew they did. Gonna have the crank looked at this week, and throw some new bearings in her and start to put it back together.

Ton van der Sluijs

official Lucas dealer
Goodmorning everybody:)
Yesterday I took an electric grinder and I removed the catalytic converter and what didn't surprised me was the fact , that it was totally empty!
Every year our car has to be checked by an official garage:hammer: :hammer: and my CO2 was to high and the so called "Lambdavalues" out of range.
Actually it's bull...t; the CO2 values for a car on LPG must be under 0,5%.... an American truck from 1994 (with an anciënt shape of combustionchamber) runs at best at 2% CO2 !!! At 0,5% idle is nearly impossible.
I did some welding "here and there" and now a Cat from a Grand Cherokee is doing the job. Not for long; when I've got my letter of approval, the cat goes in the garage and a straight piece of stainless steel will do the job.

best regards Ton

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Got the 5.4 tore down today the rest of the way... Everything looks good, no marring on the cylinder walls, crank looks good, Bearings look like they got hot, which I knew they did. Gonna have the crank looked at this week, and throw some new bearings in her and start to put it back together.

Can you get better bearings that can withstand the abuse?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
It wasn't lack of quailty of bearings, it was lack of oil in the bearings due to a clogged pickup tube.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I looked at all my rigs this morning...and told them they'd get what they needed when its not 100+* outside.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
350 got a coolant flush/change, ps flush/change, oil change and transmission flush/change...then while they were doing this it seems my hub seals were pooched, so that got done as well.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I did something similar on my dually. Really helps at night when backing up or needing some extra light to load up the bed.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts