Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What have you done to your FORD today v2

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^What do you fellas think about making that rig a daily driver all year? My wife and I had many, many discussions about it cause I'm not sure if I mentioned it (I thought I had), but when we went shopping for a dent, we weren't necessarily looking for something of this quality, meaning all chromed out and show quality....we were looking for a nice DD for me in the 73-77 Ford truck range with those features and this came up within our little cash budget.

Once we saw it and started driving it, it was hard for us to drive it in the snow and salt as we want to now pass it down to our son in the next 15-18 years, which means if we do drive it daily we'd want to do a minor restoration on it before we passed it down.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Replaced the velcro on my Access tonneau cover today. The one half was glued onto the rail , and the other half was sewn onto the side of the cover.

I found a 15' roll of industrial strength 3" velcro, which I cut in half to give 1 1/2" on each side.

The hardest part was scraping the old glue off of the rail, and then unstitching the other side. The new velcro is adhesive-backed on both sides, and was quite easy to install. So far the cover is staying in place. We'll see what happens when the wind picks up...

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Replaced the velcro on my Access tonneau cover today. The one half was glued onto the rail , and the other half was sewn onto the side of the cover.

I found a 15' roll of industrial strength 3" velcro, which I cut in half to give 1 1/2" on each side.

The hardest part was scraping the old glue off of the rail, and then unstitching the other side. The new velcro is adhesive-backed on both sides, and was quite easy to install. So far the cover is staying in place. We'll see what happens when the wind picks up...

nice work Doug, :wavey:

Ford Truck Articles