Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What have you done to your FORD today v2

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Replaced the coolant cap...no more mess

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Sounds like you had a great day Ken :) your engine must take a day itself to detail!!

It was...thanks. The engine can take a couple days to really get it ready for show.....there's so much detail and chrome, but it's also in hard to reach places as I'm either under the rig on the ground or on ladders. :) But I do love doing it!!!

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
It was...thanks. The engine can take a couple days to really get it ready for show.....there's so much detail and chrome, but it's also in hard to reach places as I'm either under the rig on the ground or on ladders. :) But I do love doing it!!!

Have you made any changes since I left?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Have you made any changes since I left?

Not to the Dent.....was only thinking of doing a few things. Not much more to do on that rig! It's as beautiful as she's going to get, I think. Was thinking of adding keyless entry and a more modern alarm. The alarm system it has in it now is pretty outdated as it was installed new about 10 years ago with the PO.

I was also thinking of putting hydraulics in the bed and adding a fiberglass bed cover instead of the vinyl one with aluminum frame. Maybe some newer headers and the new chrome type intakes from eddlebrock.

But that's all!

racsan

4xford
got alot to do to mine, replace bent left side ttb beam,complete with 3.73 diff, since its a used replacement, i'll probly pull the diff off the beam to check internals and putt all new seal in in, defintly new center u-joint. new clutch line & master cyl. new ball joints for "new" l/h beam assy. trip to the alignment shop when all back together. i know youre all thinking WTH? well, lets just say that i was trying to teach my daughter how to drive a manual trans, her very first time out (last sat) we go around a corner and she doesnt straighten the wheel, were headed for a ditch, i reach over to correct the steering & she panics & floors it. we hit this deep ditch at a angle, bounce through it & end up in a feild. when the l.f. tire went up into the wheelwell it snapped off the barb on the clutch master cyl for the reservoir line. l.f. tire now at 1/2 a left turn. r.f. tire straight ahead. think the frame is a little bent too, has a gap between the seal on the cap & the top of the cab that wasnt there before, lists slightly to port also. as long as i can get the front end back together with unbent parts so it can be aligned, im just going to drive it the way it is. no body damage, all panel gaps seem to be the same. drivers side seat rails dont work smoothly like they used to. all i can really see is a slightly bent l/s ttb arm, front diff leaking oil. radius arms look ok, dont see how they could be though. got a used axle already, got clutch mc & line already. going to be a long weekend-in a bad way.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
what a mess..lol

I am in the process of totally re wireing the 79 front to rear.( i new it was coming) the old Arizona harness finally gave up.got a good clean unhacked harness from a 77 tho there is a little bit of a difference in the harnesses I dont think it will be to much to incorperate it to my vehicle..just time and patience.once done this should take care of the wiring issues of this vehicle once and for all.Then it will be off to the rear brakes for a spring has let go and luckily i noticed it laying in the base of the drum through the self adjusting hole.Uhhhgggggg will this rig ever quit fighting me..lol smilieFordlogo

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I pulled the bug deflector off today. A large chunk came off while driving down the interstate and landed on a state patrolman's windshield. He pulled me over just to make sure everything was ok.

Apparently these are no longer made with the straight piece of plastic. I pulled the plexiglass out of the channel that it sits in, and will start looking for places that can insert a new piece of plexiglass into the channel. It will have to be formed somewhat since the middle of the channel has about a 10 - 15 degree bend in it. Has anybody had this done?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If I recall, you can heat plexiglass in an oven and bend it yourself, I remember doing a project like that in Junior High School shop class.
Barring an oven, a heat gun would probably work providing you were patient.
We use them for heating and bending PVC conduit, it's a little time consuming but works well.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Thank You, Randy and Duncan. I might give that a try. It depends on what somebody wants to charge me to have that done. I'm deadly evil with a propane torch. As hot as it was today, I might just leave it out in the sun.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Heat gun is the way to go Doug. The horse trailers have curved plexiglass windows in the front that seem to crack a lot, so that's how I fix them. Nice and slow and apply heat evenly to the area that you need to form. Works really well. Hold shape till it cools before you let tension off. It's easy to make corrections too :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Pulled the dent out this morning to do some bookwork for a client....can't believe it's been a few weeks....I had my battery tender on it cause it had literally been about 3 weeks since I started her up....took the tender off, started up and put her on the road....I got up on her a little since she had been sitting.....she ran great....missed driving it. Been busy with family stuff and splitting time with the new Bronco!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts