Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What have you done to your 351M/400

I getcha. So its kinda like Tempo vs. Topaz arguments? Heheh.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I getcha. So its kinda like Tempo vs. Topaz arguments? Heheh.

I can't say that I've ever had the pleasure (haha) to be in one of those debates, but I'd assume it's similar.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Just read what it says under my user name if your wondering about the "anchor" reference.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
The boat anchor reference was for the 351M/400...because they are often referred to as boat anchors because they were slow heavy pigs in stock smogged form, and alot of guys think the only use for one is as an anchor. Usually that assumption is ignorance based, but seeing as this is a 351M/400 thread, guys like to take free jabs whenever they can. We seem to have a good mix of FE fans, small block fans, 335 series fans, 385 series fans, and modular fans on this site, so there's a good bit of poking fun that goes on.

Personally I have nothing against any of the engines. They've all been around for a long time so they all have their good points. I was just trying to stir up trouble :rolling laugh:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Personally I have nothing against any of the engines. They've all been around for a long time so they all have their good points. I was just trying to stir up trouble :rolling laugh:

Oh I know...I really don't have an issue with any of the engines either, but I do like me some 335 series. The point I was trying to make was that a lot of guys do in fact dismiss the 351M/400 before doing any research. And you stirring up trouble was the perfect example of taking a free a jab even though you don't have an issue with the engine.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Buncha chit disturbing rebel rousers in here :D

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The 400 in the Bronco now has a Comp DEH-255 cam kit in it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
hows that jewel doin how big of increases in power did you have will she squall tires now

I've still been easy on it...no burn outs or WOT runs. But it is definitely more responsive and quicker acceleration. That being said, I was able to do a peg leg burnout before, no locker.

Fl.
Tim Meyer 408. Keith black forged pistons, aussie heads,comp cams 270 hr
sanderson headers, intake plates, cleveland intake, commander 950 MPFI. She runs good. 434 would of been better, not that it need it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Tim Meyer 408. Keith black forged pistons, aussie heads,comp cams 270 hr
sanderson headers, intake plates, cleveland intake, commander 950 MPFI. She runs good. 434 would of been better, not that it need it.

I demand pics of that engine bay. We have a thread dedicated to that as well. So what made you throw a 335 series in your Bronco?

Fl.
I demand pics of that engine bay. We have a thread dedicated to that as well. So what made you throw a 335 series in your Bronco?

Just not a big weezer fan. I like canted valves and old iron. The 385's are kinda heavy and a bit larger so the C motors fit the bill. The 351C is fine but for a truck the 400 is perfect for this job. We all know that. I got some old pictures of the engine bay. I will post them but I need to take some updated ones.smilieFordlogo

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Just not a big weezer fan. I like canted valves and old iron. The 385's are kinda heavy and a bit larger so the C motors fit the bill. The 351C is fine but for a truck the 400 is perfect for this job. We all know that. I got some old pictures of the engine bay. I will post them but I need to take some updated ones.smilieFordlogo

Pretty sure you're my long lost brother, I'm a big 400 fan. I just had to check and make sure you were a true 400 guy too...haha. User Unrulee is a 400 lover as well. Watch out for user Captainp4 (aka Paul), his answer for everything is 460/C6.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Is that fan on the AC condenser? I've never seen one mounted horizontally before.

The engine bay looks nice, by the way.

Fl.
69 70 71, 429/460 you have to like those. However for an EB they are not the answer. Our 400/434's will out pull most , equal to some, not stand a chance to few, of those 385's I like them but why carry the dead weight up front, or at all. Tunnel vision wont let you see who's passing you until it's too late.
You did not believe my 400 addiction? I should of made you wait for pictures. I thought "Demanding" pictures was calling me out. I guess it was.

Fl.
Fan is an oil cooler for the C6 in the engine bay. The A/c has 2 fans in the grill. The EB is very small in the radiator opening area. Put a 400 in the engine bay and you use up a lot of room so fans in the grill for the a/c

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts