Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What have you done to your 351M/400

havi

third member
Ive never heard that before, is it the only ford motor with a 4" stroke or did chevy make one also? What is the stroke on a 460?

Yes it is. The 460 is a tad shorter.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
WOW, do you even realize what forum your in smiliehijacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said, I'll take your statement as an admission of your ignorance of these engines.

Do some research before stating such blasphemy :slap:!!!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Ive got nothing done to this motor aint wasting any money on it neither not doing oil changes either. The modified is a waste of money i would rather save up and buy a 429 460 and blow up the m and use it as a boat anchor.

you can send it to me!
I'll trade you trucks ;)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
A 400 would not make a good boat anchor. They weigh, what about 500lbs? Try lifting it and throwing it off the bow of a boat. Try pulling it back in. Not good. :p

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
When I find a 460, I'll give you my 400. Only catch is, you have to pick it up. I don't deliver.

not that I dislike the 400, but in a mud truck, I prefer the extra cubes of the 460.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
A 400 would not make a good boat anchor. They weigh, what about 500lbs? Try lifting it and throwing it off the bow of a boat. Try pulling it back in. Not good. :p

You'd better have a big damn boat!!!

Anything under 20ft might sink, lol!!!

Last edited:

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
When I find a 460, I'll give you my 400. Only catch is, you have to pick it up. I don't deliver.

not that I dislike the 400, but in a mud truck, I prefer the extra cubes of the 460.

How about! a running 460 with edelbrock manifold HEI dizzy with a tranny rear end 4 new tries and rims with a cab 2 doors long bed 77 front end LED dash up grade 2 fuel tanks and a clean title ?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
question, why do you want the 400 so bad when you have a 460?

It has a c6 bolted to it.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
10-4. Understand completely. The m series is an overlooked engine IMO. They can be bilt to perform well in a more compact package than the 385 series.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Now I just have to find out how to get it to you....
Hmmmmm.......... I guess I could ship it.. driving it there would eat me alive in gas.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts