Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v3...the Dents we find

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Send me 100K and I will present you with an a close to perfect Dent as you can imagine

:D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hmmm...for that figure....3 years :D

That reminds me of a sign i saw years ago in an old garage Duncan - the time you have to put into restoring anything is just mindboggling especially when you are doing it as meticulously as you are ..... you might have been throwing a figure out there but it's not that far away from the true cost. I've got a mate that has a $30000.00 TR6 Triumph which cost him nearly $90k to have professionally restored.

We Offer Three kinds of service here:

Good Cheap Fast

Pick any two:

Good service cheap won't be fast.

Good service Fast won't be cheap.

Fast service Cheap won't be good.

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I can never seem to find a car with over 100,000 "original" miles. Might be because the odometer rolls over. :suspicious: Honestly thought, does anyone believe the seller when they purport a low number of "original miles" on a car 25+ years old?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'm on my phone, so no big typing... But when I get to my desk I'm going to tear that post apart. Yet another stupid seller.

Yep i know what you mean Austin and Fyzbo I'm sure that's not the original mileage especially when you look at the drivers door pic with the paint worn where your arm hangs out the window and the quick flickover it's had underneath.
I put it up 'cause i thought the paint scheme was really interesting and i spent some time working on a 2wd Aussie assembled rhd one a couple of weeks ago which sort of got me interested in looking at them.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
1978 Ford F250 4x4 HighBoy 25 Thousand Original Miles

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/3772168819.html

3E83Nd3Hb5I15Ea5Med4s8f5379976cd91560.jpg

Yep i know what you mean Austin and Fyzbo I'm sure that's not the original mileage especially when you look at the drivers door pic with the paint worn where your arm hangs out the window and the quick flickover it's had underneath.
I put it up 'cause i thought the paint scheme was really interesting and i spent some time working on a 2wd Aussie assembled rhd one a couple of weeks ago which sort of got me interested in looking at them.

Oh my lord. Austin, I may beat you on a couple of these since I'm at the computer now. Can't wait to see your comments.

HighBoy? No - a '78 is never a HighBoy

Hello There I Have A 1978 Ford F250 Ranger Camper Special All Original 4x4
Weren't Camper Specials all 2X4?

Has The 390 Motor In It
An all original 1978 does not have a 390. Ever. Even if it was a model year that used the 390 - it never came in a 4X4.

For More Info Call Me 503-568-6845

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
You grabbed a few of the points I was going to touch Steve. Here are a few more:

Seat isn't original (obviously)

Had tow mirrors, now the smaller size (one or the other not original)

Had AC, not so much now. (Has the AC dash, though)

390 wasn't available at all in 78.

There's more I'm sure, but my knowledge of Camper Specials is limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts