Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Update on my neck.......

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Long story short, there IS light at the end of my tunnel. :)
Tony has a light at the end of his tunnel too according to Chris. Everytime Tony opens his mouth, he can see it!!'hah'

Get better soon hun. I'm thinkin' of you!!

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
Cliff, I hope you can get yourself fixed up! Todd, thanks sweetie and I really hope you keep taking care of yourself!

When I do finally find another job it's going to be SO darn nice to work pain free!!

Oh and I am still going nuts trying to figure out when I could have had an accident that led to the compressed vertebra. It's all too weird.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
My mom had that and never was in an accident. It could be something outside of their realm of knowledge that is low impact over a long period. Even something as simple as sleeping position or the way you work, or posture.

Ryan

Fellro

Staff member
Compression comes with age, sorry to say. Heavy lifting contributes.

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
I could live with it being age.. but the doctor said according to the x-ray and the way it looked and etc. etc. that it was caused from some sort of trauma. I don't know what kind it could have been. I gave up thinking about it before I go nuts. lol

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey Karen...I have a question for you...is your chiropractor a 'pop and crack' type of chiropractor...or a homeopathic type of chiropractor? I used to have serious back problems due to football injuries, at times couldn't even walk and had difficulty breathing. I went to a couple pop & crack type chiropractors and never really got any better. Then one day I was talking to friend who referred me to a homeopathic type...I went a couple times and was good as new. There were a couple time when trauma would cause the issue to reoccur, and I would have to be carried in by my dad, and I'd leave walking. The homeo type believes more in stretching and using pressure to make adjustments and electro therapy...it's really more like getting an intense massage...it's really hard to explain, but if you ever find one, you'll never go anywhere else. They're really not too common, I believe there are only 470 of them nationwide, but if you're interested, I'll ask Dr. Hurst if there's someone in your area.

Fellro

Staff member
Acupuncture follows similar methods as well, but that didn't do much for me. The bone cracker did get it to straighten out... I have been having trouble with my neck off and on since my last wreck.

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
Hey Karen...I have a question for you...is your chiropractor a 'pop and crack' type of chiropractor...or a homeopathic type of chiropractor? I used to have serious back problems due to football injuries, at times couldn't even walk and had difficulty breathing. I went to a couple pop & crack type chiropractors and never really got any better. Then one day I was talking to friend who referred me to a homeopathic type...I went a couple times and was good as new. There were a couple time when trauma would cause the issue to reoccur, and I would have to be carried in by my dad, and I'd leave walking. The homeo type believes more in stretching and using pressure to make adjustments and electro therapy...it's really more like getting an intense massage...it's really hard to explain, but if you ever find one, you'll never go anywhere else. They're really not too common, I believe there are only 470 of them nationwide, but if you're interested, I'll ask Dr. Hurst if there's someone in your area.

I don't know honestly...but he is doing the electrical muscle stimulation and it feels like what you just described. The last chiropractor I used ONLY did adjustments. This one is doing adjustments along with the EMS and a massaging bed type thing. He believes in fixing and not doctoring the issue(s). Maybe that tells you your answer? :)

He doesn't have a website or I'd give you the link.

Roger, have you had your neck x-rayed? I never knew I had such serious whiplash for years.. I'd say 11-12 years AFTER the wreck. If you haven't had it x-rayed, you should.

I will be able to let you guys know soon whether or not I have a real honest to good doctor. I think I do, but time will only tell.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds like he just might be a homeo type...at least partially. My doc said that only about 50% of the homeo chiropractors actual 100% practice homeo methods...so he may very well be. I got your email too...and I'll ask my doc if he knows anything about him.

Fellro

Staff member
I have had other chiros that used the electrical stimulation as well, and it does seem to help along with the adjustment.

I haven't had my neck x-rayed because of insurance (lack of) and medicare doesn't like taking care of old injuries.. Most of the time it isn't a problem, but it gets to be out of place. I slid sideways into a light pole a few years ago, right in the driver's door. I can't imagine it not doing any damage...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Funny, Karen said she'd like to be a gay man!! 'hippie'

Sorry, HAD to! :D

No worries...I knew it was coming sooner or later. You really need to find some of the other threads from this passed week, I've said tooooooons of good stuff that could be made fun of, yet nobody has, and I haven't made one frickin sig...probably do to my 'minds outta the gutter' disclaimer.

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
Roger, I assume I will know soon enough what my x-rays ran, but I hear you. I will lose my coverage on the 30th of April, but luckily I've got someone who can cover me. If I didn't have insurance I couldn't afford this. I don't know if they all do it, but sometimes they will run a special where your first appt. and x-ray are free. I am with you and don't see how it didn't cause injury. The wreck that caused my whiplash was a mere fender bender. Hard to believe that it could do so much.

Todd, Hahahah shame on you. :p

Yeah and Ben knew it was coming just like I did. lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts