Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Twin Stick

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Not if you grind the shift rail correctly. If you grind too much it will.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
No problem. I built my own shifters and linkage. I used two stock shifters, cut them to make them skinnier where they bolt on and used 3/8 rod to make the links.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Works great. No slop, and it shifts right into gear without troubles. I'll have to look and see if I took any pics while I was building it.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Nope. Takes about a half hour to modify the shift rail and put it back in and only took about an hour to figure out and fab up the shifters. Once I installed it, I did have to heat and bend the levers a little to get them how I wanted them.

I don't have any pics of the linkage, but heres one from when I was bending the levers where I wanted them.
0811230008.jpg

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
The third lever you see towards the front is the homemade floor shifter. Yup, I'm a cheap bastard.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Looks good Tony I dont blame ya for fabbin up your own shifter since ya got metal and you can weld. If I ever get somethin else that has a 205 in it ill probly do it.

I want to do this. Im prolly gunna go get my spare t-case in the next week or so, so ill maybe start workin on it then

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts