Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Twin Stick

Hmmmmmmmmm. Well, since i have a spare t- case, i think im gunna do this conversion. If i do, ill try to get as many pics as i can. Im gunna call JBG tomorrow and see what that kits comes with

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
1.96 I believe

They aren't that great for low range, but it's easy enough to double it if you really need the crawl ratio (ie your motor doesn't have any nuts)

Really Paul...seriously...geezus...you're gonna argue .04????????

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Bwhahahaha!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
So what is that, 4 hrs.

Is it me or does this site seems to lock up occationally???

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So what is that, 4 hrs.

Is it me or does this site seems to lock up occationally???

Naw...I usually pass out by 3:30. And yes, it locks up on me all the time this late.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I thought i read somewhere that If you take a 205, use some twin stick kit, you can gain the ability to choose high and low with one stick and choose which axles are goin and which aint goin with the other

On a ford np 205, the shifter closest to your leg operates the front axle. All the way forward puts the front in low range, middle is neutral, back is high range. The shifter farthest from your leg operates the rear in the same way. This allows rear wheel low or high, front wheel low or high and 4 wheel low or high.

I still dont understand why ya need to grind the rails.
If you don't grind the shift rail, you won't be able to shift all the positions independently.

I did this on my bronco and on my scout. It's nice to be able to play in rear wheel low, and in the case of the scout, because of the welded rear, if I have to make a sharp turn, I can put it in FWD only and turn sharper.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
On a ford np 205, the shifter closest to your leg operates the front axle. All the way forward puts the front in low range, middle is neutral, back is high range. The shifter farthest from your leg operates the rear in the same way. This allows rear wheel low or high, front wheel low or high and 4 wheel low or high.

It would also allow front-axle high and rear axle low (or vice versa) until something blew up, right?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts