Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Twin Stick

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-21610_np205_stainless_steel_twin_stick_shifter_kit.htm

Anyone ever use this kit? Im doin an engine, trans, transfer case swap, and figure i should do this while its out. My questions are, one- Will it come with the stuff to make it directly bolt up for my application (1977 f150, 460, 4 speed, np205) without any fabbing?

And also, will i have to open the transfer case up and make any changes, or will it all be external?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What the hell would you need a doubler for??????????

Its external but not sure if theres any fabbin to do.

Thats what I thought on the internal external part. If all it comes with is whats pictured, then that wont work, will it? It needs to extend forward a foot or so, so it will pop up in the factory location

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Last edited:

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Ben what he's asking about is a twinstick - allowing you to have 2wd low, fwd low/hi, 4wheel hi/low. It's a completely different animal than a doubler. I'm not sure, but that does look like it isn't in the right spot for factory location. I'd crawl under your truck and take a look at where the current shifter is bolted on. IIRC mine is on the trans, not the adapter, but I could be wrong..

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wonder if it can be done with the 24 in the 72?

I remember Ed (75F350) saying that no there wasn't a kit...but there were some guys he knew custom building their cases.

That 24 aint gonna blow up anytime soon heavy as it is.

Naw...it's a good heavy gear driven case...but the crawl ratio is terrible...and getting hard to find parts for.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It aint bad if ya got 4.11 gears its just as low as the 205 was in the 76. JBG has rebuild kits for it and they work good.

I believe the 24 is 1.86:1 while the 205 is 2:1...but if you double the 205, you can get a good 4:1

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts