Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tool box installed!

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Allot of construction workers here. I'm good with backhoe and excavator.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah I almost bought a role of duct tape at the parts store, but the regular duct tape (which would most likely melt and tack itself to the inside of the box) was out of the question, and the heat/cold/uv resistant duct tape was about $7/roll :headbang:

Oh and Ian, I've already got a set of torx bits with 1/4" and 3/8" ratchet adapters that I bought at Kragen; those stay in my Craftsman toolbox with the rest of my ratchet set.

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
My box is filled to the rim with stuff I need for work and then some, gets hard to find what i am looking for , but I know it's in there by god...lol

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
The stuff you need is always on bottom . I found plastic totes that fit mine could fit 4 but used 3 and left room for jack. That way you can keep mechanic tools separate from the ski gear . ;)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Alright, here's one I keep in my truck. You may not be redneck enough to need it, but it comes in handy. A hitch mounted vice. I took some steel I had laying around and welded up a mount that slides in my receiver and a vice is bolted to it. It has come in handy more than I ever imagined it would.

0804030010.jpg

Above, notice that I am wearing shoes!

0804030012.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Dang, that's a good idea, Tony.

There have been times I'd have about killed to have a vice on the back of my truck (done hurt myself once or twice doing stuff I needed a vice for, without a vice). 'Course, I'd need a receiver hitch, too. Can't really justify one on this underpowered, undersprung pile of a truck, though. :(

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Most of my friends made fun of me when they saw it, until they needed to use it. lol

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Good idea Tony! But I seldom work on anything that requires a vice unless I'm up at my moms house, where I've got one mounted to the work bench.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Thats what I figured. Most people have no need for such a thing, but being an off roader, I use it often.

my stepfather in-law has one mounted on his bed rail

not that it matters, just my fact on this story

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I see alot of plumbers with them mounted to their bumpers. Thats where I got the idea.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I see alot of plumbers with them mounted to their bumpers. Thats where I got the idea.
My head stablehand had something similar. His was a spit with an anvil on one side and the vice on the other side. It came in very handy when shoeing horses or fixing fences. :)
EDIT: It's also handy for tailgaters. :D

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Skandocious, can you tell me more about those backup lights? Is that a stock bumper that you cut holes in for the lights? Looks cool.
Yup, stock bumper with holes cut into it for the lights. The previous owner had it done back when the truck was new so I don't have any clue as to a make or model on the lights...

EDIT: Just looked through the records that he gave me and I FOUND the part number! Part number for each lamp is MB861299. I believe it might be a Mitsubishi part, dunno if that helps...

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts