Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tips, Tricks and References

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey fellas...came up with some more info, for guys wondering what stock tire sizes were on these rigs, and/or what the letter/number combo equated to back in the day:
G78=P205/75
H78=P215/75
J78=P225/75
L78=P235/75

f-150 and broncos had H78-15 and f-100 usually had G78-15s chev and GMC usually had L78-15

f-250s came with either 9.50 x 16.5lt tubeless or 7.50 x 16lt
7.50 16lt=P285/85/16

The 16.5 were basicilly a lower profile tire than the 16.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Great link there Tex...a little pricey though...but definitely cheaper than paying someone to do it. Do you have any of those videos?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Not yet, but my Uncle (Who is a Master ASE yadda yadda with 33 years under his belt and a total flaming gear head) told me about them, a buddy of his got them for his son and my uncle watched a few and said they were great, spot on by the book no short cuts.
So when I get around to re gearing my truck and putting in a LS I'm going to get the one about 9"
I'm the kinda person were I can read about it till my eyes cross and still not get it right but when I see it done I'll never forget :D

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey Ben,
That is the company I have been talking about and where I got my lenses from for the back and side. I recently sent that link to Buck and have been "touting" their company for a number of years. The lenses are actually quite nice!
Dak

I must be missing something...I thought it was just a tech article...where were their products?

Saggy Bench seats.

For those of you that have bench seats that appear to cause you to sag when you sit in them there is REAL GOOD possibility that the plastic keeper that runs under the front for about the length of the cloth has come out.

I fixed mine by removing the seat from the truck.. putting the upholstery keeper back on the runner and then drilling then screwing the metal runner in 6 places and inserting 6 Ford Trim screws through the plastic and metal runner to secure the whole piece.
I now have my original nice padded seat cushion back.

Pictures some time this spring ;)

Bump ?

you mean a 67-72 ?

yes.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I'll take a look at those parts of the seat too. In my truck it feels like you sit about 4" lower on the driver side than the passenger side. I just figured it was because the driver side had a lot more wear--which, naturally, it does.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'll take a look at those parts of the seat too. In my truck it feels like you sit about 4" lower on the driver side than the passenger side. I just figured it was because the driver side had a lot more wear--which, naturally, it does.

x2...I thought the same thing...I'm gonna have a look at my stock seat over break...and see if it's that easy...then maybe even swap it back in.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
I must be missing something...I thought it was just a tech article...where were their products?

I'm confused.. or is it the martini? I don't recall a tech article, but in a number of posts about finding tail light or side marker lenses I piped in with my experience with this company. Maybe it was on the other site. Don't remember. Anyway, its' a good tip!
Dak

P.S. Hope you and your GF had a good evening with Red...

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
If your having trouble with your dashlights, firsthing to do is remove the insturment panel and clean all the connections on it. They have a tednecy to corrode pretty bad, also check the bulbs while your there. Just cleaning mine when I bought it abut 4 years ago, got every bulb working, and before only one worked.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm confused.. or is it the martini? I don't recall a tech article, but in a number of posts about finding tail light or side marker lenses I piped in with my experience with this company. Maybe it was on the other site. Don't remember. Anyway, its' a good tip!
Dak

P.S. Hope you and your GF had a good evening with Red...

HAHAHA...yes been a very good few days with the gf and red...although Red's windshield was leaking...so I had to fix that...got to the bottom of what was wrong with the Bronco leak that resulted from the sh*tty shop...but I'll update the appropriate thread. As for the confusion it was on me...I was looking at the wrong link...haha.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts